Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vaping and heart rate

Options
  • 01-02-2012 1:06pm

have only been vaping for a few months and intermittently. It definitely has big effects on my heartrate tho. I'm reasonably fit and good bmiand would have resting heartrate of 50 to 60 normally but this seems to have gone up to 70 with vaping and over a 100 just after heavy vaping - (only on 11mg or 18mg). bit concerned about this side-effect. of course I know that nicotine is a stimulant but didn't think that the effect would be as pronounced. (have particularly noticed this over last few days as have just gotten new tank system - imist, which uses more juice and maybe I just have been taking in more nicotine). must cup back a bit then I think and lay off it a couple of hours b4 sleep to be able to get to sleep!

Anybody else notice this...?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ive noticed this when i'm seriously chain vaping, used to get it pretty bad late at night, id just be lying in bed with my ear against the pillow listening to my pulse whooshing

I've heard that blood pressure can be affected also (increases it). maybe not advisable for people with heart problems then....
    As said defo will cut down later at night as for sure keeps you awake. (more than analogues would imo).
    and/or get or make (dilute with distilled water or low/no mg) lower strength eliquid for prolonged evening vaping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

saw a few people saying that tobacco smoke contains lots of other things except just nicotine, which can have a relaxing effect as well as the stimulating effect of nicotine whereas vaping just has the nicotine stimulant
    makes sense. vaping kills the craving, but doesnt really relax you as a cigarette would.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I believe it's caused by the nicotine. I'm pretty sure you actually do get the same reaction from analogues, it's just not as noticeable because of the already mentioned relaxing effects. But I'd suspect that if you actually measured your heart rate, it would be as bad with analogues as it would with vaping.

yeah as said it's the nico. not sure about the same effect with analogues. analogues didn't keep me awake like vaping does and I can feel the HR elevation whereas I never felt that with analogues. Maybe the other 3,000 chemicals in analogues (:eek:) do have some sort of counteractive effect.... in any case I think that for prolongued/continuous vaping sessions that it's wise to use a lower strength nicotine liquid than you'd use for occasional (i.e. vapes every 1/2 hour / hour) vaping. even with 11mg I was kept awake and HR was 110 - must dilute down. Have HR for running and just decided to test it out - was pretty shocked by 110 tbh - that's almost twice what it would be otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement