Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor issues in Galway?

Options
  • 01-02-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with Meteor signal and services in Galway? It's not just myself anyway. Everyone I've asked with Meteor is reporting the same. We're in the university, so just wondering if it's localized, just Galway or all of Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's been in and out for me in the city center.

Sometimes showing a signal, other times not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yup, all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Ok for bill phones strangely enough, seems anyone with credit has no signal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

It's also the same for eMobile.

I posted up same on the eMobile questions thread, and started a thread in the Eircom forum.

The fact that they're in the same shop in town, and I've been told use the same masts - that would make sense.

I called into the shop on Shop St, they said everybody was calling in all morning saying there was no coverage.

But it seems it's back since around 1.30pm for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Anyone else having issues with Meteor signal and services in Galway? It's not just myself anyway. Everyone I've asked with Meteor is reporting the same. We're in the university, so just wondering if it's localized, just Galway or all of Ireland?

Yup, my husband (meteor) couldn't find a signal at all in the college car park earlier today at 11.30am so couldn't contact me:(
    He even drove around for a while but couldn't pick up a signal anywhere around the college...

I had no such problem however upstairs in the library at that time and when he came back at about 1pm his signal was fine again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah my coverage was gone all morning, I'm in NUIG. It came back around 1pm. But I missed a phone caller from a courier who had a delivery for me! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm in Parkmore and mine seems fine - different mast perhaps? I'm on bill pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

d-gal wrote: »
    Ok for bill phones strangely enough, seems anyone with credit has no signal

OP here. I'm on a bill phone and it was definitely affecting me.

Seems to be back anyway, thankfully. Scary morning :pac:

Advertisement