Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty Gurus

• 01-02-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone follow the beauty gurus on youtube or their blogs?

Who would you recommend following?

My favourites are:

fleurdeforce
    missglamorrazi
    missbudgetbeauty
    tanyaburr
    sprinkleofglitter
    gemsmaquillage
    swalkermakeup
    makeupsavvy
    londonlipgloss
    pearlsandpoodles
    viviannamakeup
    thesparklcious
    dazzledust25
    zozeebo
    dulcecandy87
    amarxie

I know it seems like an awful but I've become really obsessed with it lately, it passes the time and I love the make up reviews! Although it does mean I end up buying a lot more make up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist?feature=g-user-u

http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo?feature=g-user-u

http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist?feature=g-user-u

3 best gurus on you tube imo esp goss he knows what hes talking about unlike a good lot of them on youtube , hate them ones that have to show their dog for half of the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

When it comes to make-up, gossmakeupartist is brilliant. Most of his vlogs are only 5 minutes long, but are extremely good and he knows his stuff. Fleur De Force also has another channel, FleurDeVlog which is good. You might like to try Lisaeldridgedotcom (she was one of the make-up artists on Ten Years Younger). There is an American girl Makeupbytiffany who is also really good. For a less professional, but definitely entertaining and informative view, there is NiaSays, BeautyCrush(One of the top vloggers) and Ugly Face of Beauty. I could go on and on, but some of these should lead you to others. I have to say that I am also addicted. The TV doesn't go on in my house anymore!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I love goss too, he's my favourite by far, apart from the eyeshadow tutorials, I just don't think a Smokey eye looks right with man brows.
    Dusty Hunter is good for swatchs but he can get annoying after a while.
    liz eldridge is amazing, she's so subtle with everything but you can always really notice the difference, and I love how she isn't too crazy about specific brands, its more about technique!
    I like Sushi rock star, she's a bit of a talker but she's sweet and doesn't seem ad false as the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I'm so obsessed with this too! I find it really enjoyable.

My faves are the 3 pixiwoo girls for their tutorials cos they're really professional and they edit their videos really well.
    I also like letzmakeup - a galway girl, she does great reviews and tutorials.
    I like amarixe and lisaz09 for reviews.
    I initially subscribed to allthatglitters21 and juicystar07 but find them a bit annoying now. They do sponsored videos all the time and just talk way too much.
    Gossmakeup artist is good too - quite honest in reviews.
    Recently got into vintageortacky and queenofblending cos they do some fun looks.
    Oh and check out emilynoel83 and american girl. Think she's a newsreader so she's quite concise in her vids and uses a lot of 'drugstore' stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

These are my suggestions for other youtube channels. I know some of them have already been mentioned but just seconding them.

Pixiwoo
    Gossmakeupartist
    MakeupByTiffanyD
    Lisaeldridgedotcom
    xsparkage
    Pixi2woo (you mentioned Tanya Burr but just in case you meant her blog not her youtube)

And some good irish ones:
    LetzMakeup
    LittleKiva
    sharonmakeupartist

• Advertisement

kandr10 wrote: »
    I'm so obsessed with this too! I find it really enjoyable.

My faves are the 3 pixiwoo girls for their tutorials cos they're really professional and they edit their videos really well.
    I also like letzmakeup - a galway girl, she does great reviews and tutorials.
    I like amarixe and lisaz09 for reviews.
    I initially subscribed to allthatglitters21 and juicystar07 but find them a bit annoying now. They do sponsored videos all the time and just talk way too much.
    Gossmakeup artist is good too - quite honest in reviews.
    Recently got into vintageortacky and queenofblending cos they do some fun looks.
    Oh and check out emilynoel83 and american girl. Think she's a newsreader so she's quite concise in her vids and uses a lot of 'drugstore' stuff.
    I totally agree about allthatglitters21 and juicystar07. The 'talk' never stops......I begin to wonder do they even draw breath? But sometimes there's a hidden gem in there worth the effort. They have some good hints at times.

aristocat wrote: »
    I totally agree about allthatglitters21 and juicystar07. The 'talk' never stops......I begin to wonder do they even draw breath? But sometimes there's a hidden gem in there worth the effort. They have some good hints at times.

Sometimes for pure entertainment value I'll see what they've got to say. They've some stash of makeup though for such young girls! It's funny how juicystar has gotten squeekier and more annoying the more she's done youtube!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

pixiwoo is right now my favorite. Sam from pixiwoo is also on iAvonUK and I enjoy those videos.

MakeupByTiffanyD

MissChievious

panacea81

emilynoel83

Other than that I'll skip around to whatever I see in the sidebar or just search for what I'm specifically looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who watches these videos, my friends all think I'm mad and sad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 annasworld

i love pixiwoo and lauren luke. different i know but i like them both

• Advertisement

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who watches these videos, my friends all think I'm mad and sad!!

Well, I would tell your friends the following which is from the very beautiful Marilyn Monroe:
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring".;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I watch mainly pixiwoo, vintageortacky (she's awesome!) and pixi2woo. Queenofblending also does amazing looks (going to try out her coloured brows look someday!) and kandeejohnson are good too. I used to like Michelle Phan's videos, but they aren't really about the makeup anymore. Some of her older ones are brilliant though, and very creative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I LOVE Letzmakeup (Siobhan I think her name is), however she has the most perfect eye shape and setting for beautiful dramatic eyes and they never look half as good on me! I love that she uses a mixture of inexpensive and high-end makeup.

I used to really like MissChievous but I've gone off her a lot lately. This is going to sound incredibly catty but since she lost a good bit of weight I think she comes across very smug and up herself. Her older, less refined videos are my favourites. I love her halloween looks too.

These are the only two I'm subscribed to, I get overwhelmed by the amount of gurus there are! I must check some of these recommendations out :)

Oh also check out makeupgeek. I love her tutorials cos she does a mix of natural/wearable looks and dramatic colourful ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Some of my faves are;

GossMakeupArtist
    LetzMakeup
    Sokolum79
    Pixiwoo
    Essiebutton
    Xsparkage
    iluvjesse444
    denizandmakeup
    Camiloveskiwi
    Vadisrad