Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management discussion 31/1/12

Options
  • 01-02-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Myself and the DC's had a meeting last night, where a number of things were discussed. Please take note of this post.

Everything here is effective immediately, any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Recruiting:

All new recruits must have a 2 week trial period in TIICD. No exceptions. For a recruit to be considered for B-IE, they must have at least 1 x T10 tank or 1 x T8 artillery in their garage. For the purposes of recruitment, a T9 Med + T9 TD will = T10 Heavy.

Any recruit being accepted will be at the discretion of myself and the DC's, and will be in line with the current requirements of the clan.

Clan Wars:

TS is mandatory. If you're not on TS, you will NOT be entered into the battle, even if we are short on players.

TS etiquette - there is to be NO random chatter on TS, NONE. In general, only the BC or the arty/heavy/med commanders are to speak and issue orders. If a player has something of importance to say, they will call their Nick, at which point the BC will give them permission to say what they need. i.e

Fionn "Fionn"
    Dub "Go ahead Fionn"
    Fionn "xxxxxxx"

Any shouts of 'my engine is gone 'did you see that shot' 'that w@nker' or even 'good shot xxx' will be punishable by removal from TS, if an initial warning in the form of "[player nick] - Comms" is ignored. Comms need to be clear, so everyone can hear the information that's required. These rules shall be effective immediately, and are applied to EVERYONE, including Commander / DC's / Field Commanders.

Deputy Commander position:

As we all know, we are now a DC short. I am not going to get into Paddy's reasons for leaving for now, so this will be short and sweet.

We have 2 excellent nominations for this position - KAC_PDW and Rosko. We will put a vote on B-IE and let it run for a few days. This is not a competition for the place, but a democratic vote for the position.

I will update the Command Structure once this position has been finalised.

Training:

We need to train. I will be giving DC's roles that I will be asking them to perform, each with a specific are of clan administration - meaning one DC at least will be responsible for training. Watch this space.

That is all folks, if you have any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to contact myself or any DC / Field Commander.

Commander Dublin_Gunner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

what about current members without T10's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Current members won't be affected by the new recruitment policy. However, everyone is obviously encouraged to get themselves grinding up to those tanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

indeed or players like me with three tier 9 mediums

never mind I just saw your response DG, I am 60k away from an IS4 so next month should have an IS7

Auvers wrote: »
    indeed or players like me with three tier 9 mediums

never mind I just saw your response DG, I am 60k away from an IS4 so next month should have an IS7

Everyone has a role to play - just try get yourself involved as much as possible.

No way would I ever want to remove any current member form the clan :)

No way would I ever want to remove any current member form the clan :)

Awwwwwww Dub :D

• Advertisement

Awwwwwww Dub :D

Unless you start acting the maggot / beating me in competitions etc...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

I know this is a bit 'silly' (for saying) but before the battle can the commander just make sure everyone know's where and what they be doing.

Too many times I have been in battles and all i hear is "what am i supposed to do" etc

And with ts, good idea, however u might need to loosen it up a little
    Ie all is quiet then 7 is-7's appear i think the person who spots them might have a free emergency call out or something....I dont really know but I do think more thought has to go into the TS idea.

(but something defo needs to be done and the method u describe does work well in rl)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

+ 1 to the op.

i know rosko has volunteered to handle training already. perhaps he should be left do it even if he dosnt make the vote needed to be DC

k99_64 wrote: »
    I know this is a bit 'silly' (for saying) but before the battle can the commander just make sure everyone know's where and what they be doing.

Too many times I have been in battles and all i hear is "what am i supposed to do" etc

And with ts, good idea, however u might need to loosen it up a little
    Ie all is quiet then 7 is-7's appear i think the person who spots them might have a free emergency call out or something....I dont really know but I do think more thought has to go into the TS idea.

(but something defo needs to be done and the method u describe does work well in rl)

As stated, any REQUIRED information is welcomed. However, I would still prefer comms discipline to be adhered to, and information presented in a legible, audible fashion - not randomly shouted out. There is no reason to start screaming 'tanks - IS7's' or whatever. If you got something to say, state your Nick, at which point you'll be told to go ahead.

Please present the information similar to the following "2 IS7's at D1, will need arty support". This way we know what they are, where they are, and if you;re going to be in trouble. No panic stations required, and we can then deal with it.
    ZZR1100 wrote: »
    + 1 to the op.

i know rosko has volunteered to handle training already. perhaps he should be left do it even if he dosnt make the vote needed to be DC

This is all in hand Frag ;)

Actually just been on ts and talking to bruff, turns out most of my fears are actually unfounded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sionn

Sounds good. A quick one concerning TS, at the moment i am using a backup pc and cannot use my mic. Is that a problem for the silent ones amongst us?

Actually just been on ts and talking to bruff, turns out most of my fears are actually unfounded!

Don't pay attention to him :P

sionn wrote: »
    Sounds good. A quick one concerning TS, at the moment i am using a backup pc and cannot use my mic. Is that a problem for the silent ones amongst us?

No mic is ok (though not perfect!) but at least being able to hear is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 iiansee

I second this big time.

There can be situations when ppl have to use bathroom, get coffee, feed the baby or something that prevents them from hearing the startup briefing and thus the person in charge should always, upon entering the battle, make sure everyone knows their position.

I have seen myself in this situation couple times where I have to miss pre-battle briefing, and I have spammed battle chat with questions about my position and yet no answer. Then theres just shouting "why the f**k is a maus there when he should be here?!"

If this could be corrected, that would make alot of ppl happy i recon, myself included. ^__^

iiansee wrote: »
    I second this big time.

There can be situations when ppl have to use bathroom, get coffee, feed the baby or something that prevents them from hearing the startup briefing and thus the person in charge should always, upon entering the battle, make sure everyone knows their position.

I have seen myself in this situation couple times where I have to miss pre-battle briefing, and I have spammed battle chat with questions about my position and yet no answer. Then theres just shouting "why the f**k is a maus there when he should be here?!"

If this could be corrected, that would make alot of ppl happy i recon, myself included. ^__^

Well then go to the loo / get tea / blow your nose / have a **** - BEFORE we're going into battle :)

There should be no need for anyone to have to repeat the directions for players multiple times.

If its a case you missed it - ASK. But ask well before we are going into battle, and ensure you know what you are meant to do.

Spamming the chat won't help, as there is usually enough going on without having to check to see who's asking what in chat.

The best solution is to just make sure you're there for when the instructions are being given out.

If you must leave for whatever reason, there is the 1 or 2 minutes when the battle starts loading up.

Don't pay attention to him :P

Sorry but his voice is just too sexy...

Well then go to the loo / get tea / blow your nose / have a **** - BEFORE we're going into battle :)

There should be no need for anyone to have to repeat the directions for players multiple times.

If its a case you missed it - ASK. But ask well before we are going into battle, and ensure you know what you are meant to do.

Spamming the chat won't help, as there is usually enough going on without having to check to see who's asking what in chat.

The best solution is to just make sure you're there for when the instructions are being given out.

If you must leave for whatever reason, there is the 1 or 2 minutes when the battle starts loading up.

I hate to sound so negative over and over, but the deal here is, that the pre-battle brief at around 10 mins before the battle starts, ok. Take an occasion that a person misses his/her part of the brief. Said person is asking in the battle-lobby for his/her assignment on the plan, no answer, not even if its at 5 minute mark before the battle. Bundle of other chatting yes, but not for the assigning. This is the main thing that I personally would like to see getting some improvement.

The above situation has happened to me aswell, and I've seen it happening to others. I just got the feeling there that nobody reads the chat at all tbh, as for myself I asked @ 12 minute marker and nobody reacted.

Ofc this can be dealt with the sentence "be the **** on time at ts then, problem solved!" but this is just one of those what-if-situations.Just think, WHAT IF someone cant just be there, and needs to know his positioning. Think we can't leave gaps for failures, and we all know a single person not knowing his job can make that happen. :)

Simple solution - ask :)

Simple solution - ask :)

Not a solution since it didn't solve the problem.

More attention to chat, that should do the trick ;)

battle starts loading up.

the rest are fine, but i object strongly about these new **** rules

iiansee wrote: »
    Not a solution since it didn't solve the problem.

More attention to chat, that should do the trick ;)

It does solve the problem - TALK! Players need to have a certain burden of responsibility to know what they are expected to do. If you don;t know what you are meant to do / missed the brief - ASK!
    the rest are fine, but i object strongly about these new **** rules

The only time I'll allow masturbation during a battle is if you're dead. Or Bruffio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

Recruiting:

All new recruits must have a 2 week trial period in TIICD. No exceptions. For a recruit to be considered for B-IE, they must have at least 1 x T10 tank or 1 x T8 artillery in their garage. For the purposes of recruitment, a T9 Med + T9 TD will = T10 Heavy.

Any recruit being accepted will be at the discretion of myself and the DC's, and will be in line with the current requirements of the clan.

Having a T10 is one thing, but are they able to use them? i'd say 50% of T10 tankers ive seen in this game are complete noobs. we have plenty of t10 tanks in clan atm, we need to increase the level of which they can use them at.

If they have an IS-7, maybe take a victory % from there IS-3, IS-4 and IS-7, find the average. pick a minimum %.

If they have an IS-7, maybe take a victory % from there IS-3, IS-4 and IS-7, find the average. pick a minimum %.

Average experience in the tank would be fairer , victory is up to your team mates , experience is your own work , and it should only be exp from their CW battle tanks !

Having a T10 is one thing, but are they able to use them? i'd say 50% of T10 tankers ive seen in this game are complete noobs. we have plenty of t10 tanks in clan atm, we need to increase the level of which they can use them at.

Average experience in the tank would be fairer , victory is up to your team mates , experience is your own work , and it should only be exp from their CW battle tanks !

The Tier requirements are MINIMUM requirements. The 2 week trial is to ensure they are suitable, and competent enough for us :)

I would suggest that average damage be a better indicator, as XP is skewed by premium status AFAIK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I would suggest that average damage be a better indicator, as XP is skewed by premium status AFAIK.
    It is; but the problem is also that stats don't show everything. My IS-7 stats are **** 'cause I've only played in CW and usually lead the charge (i.e. die early) but I'd say I'm an ok IS-7 player still :pac:.

Nody wrote: »
    It is; but the problem is also that stats don't show everything. My IS-7 stats are **** 'cause I've only played in CW and usually lead the charge (i.e. die early) but I'd say I'm an ok IS-7 player still :pac:.

Oh they never tell the whole story. My stats aren't great, but everyone knows I'm awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

stats mean so little we all know there is days were we keep getting placed with a bunch of retards battle after battle which does effect our stats so the only thing i would look at is getting recruits in platoons to see how they work with team mates

mercenary2 wrote: »
    stats mean so little we all know there is days were we keep getting placed with a bunch of retards battle after battle which does effect our stats so the only thing i would look at is getting recruits in platoons to see how they work with team mates

every1 gets retards battle after battle. this balances out.
    As dan says you cant take a tank in isolation to judge a guy and in general if a guys average XP or as some prefer average damage is below a certain lvl, you know they are doing something wrong.
    A little research or trainng can improve any1s play and their stats will improve accordingly.
    i would hate to admit how many battles i played before i figured out that turning my tank at an angle to the enemy and tempting them with the side shot was a good idea

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

i would hate to admit how many battles i played before i figured out that turning my tank at an angle to the enemy and tempting them with the side shot was a good idea
    This actually reminds me that we should create an internal "guide" to good practices people should be doing. Even small things such as buying the 3k silver consumables (I only bought my first with the IS-7) make a noticeable difference. Base the guide on that the other persons know nothing to avoid missing "obvious" things and then build it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

I just noticed that I have the role of field commander. What does this mean, ohgod halp, tackled in the belt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

Another idea, If someone joins a special in a tank thats not fully upgraded(gun engine.... etc) or crew is not @ 100% yet, they should have to bring this to the BC's attention if picked before someone else.

Advertisement