Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aritech CS350 - Query

• 01-02-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an Aritech CS350 alarm.

It had been running perfectly up until recently but in the last week or so I go out (setting alarm) but when I return back home - alarm does not beep at me to prompt me to put in code. Instead alarm will ring after a couple of seconds and when I go to the panel all I can see is something which relates to Zone 5 PIR.

According to the instructions I received from the alarm installer I can see 2 references to Zone5.
    Zone 05 - Front Bedroom
    Zone 5 - PIR

I was just wondering would anybody know what is causing the above issue?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Zone 5 should not have both a PiR & window sensors or contacts together.
    It sounds like your front door contact may be faulty & staying closed.
    Open the front door & enter 0 arrown down 5 & see if the system arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

sounds like contact on entry/exit is faulty

it is probably stuck in the closed position and doesnt recognize you coming in

then the alarm activates on another zone(movement detector or other alarm zone)which requires you to unset it

simple enough remedy to replace door contact

sorry koolkid ,you posted the same(i will have to use 2 fingers to type now and try and speed up)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Thanks Koolkid & meercat for the replies.

I have tried 0 arrow down 5 with the door open and the system will not arm. I didnt catch all of what was reported on the panel but there was some mention of Entry Exit.

Does it sound like the front door contact may be faulty?

If so, how easy/difficult are they to replace and where could I pick one up?

Thanks again for all the help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A 5 minute job to replace them. You will get them in any suppliers .
    Take a look at the sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

donal2000 wrote: »
    Thanks Koolkid & meercat for the replies.

I have tried 0 arrow down 5 with the door open and the system will not arm. I didnt catch all of what was reported on the panel but there was some mention of Entry Exit.

Does it sound like the front door contact may be faulty?

If so, how easy/difficult are they to replace and where could I pick one up?

Thanks again for all the help

If you close the front door and press the down arrow button twice does it say the door is closed, also do this with it open and see if it is picking up on the door opening.

When some of these older systems where installed a shock and a contact would have being fitted. Not saying that is the case here as you may just have a contact. If you have both, either could be faulty. The best way to determine a faulty device is with a multimeter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement