Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse Brothers Park information

Options
  • 01-02-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Guys,

I am not originally form Dublin and I am looking into the possible purchase of a property in Pearse Brothers Park (rathfarnham I believe) and I would like to get some advice on the surrounding areas and the expected time it would take to drive/cycle from there to town (pearse street area) in the mornings.

I generally start work at about 7.30am and finish about 6pm, so if anyone travels in these directions at around these times I would love to hear how bad the traffic is and what the best/quickest routes would be.

Also on the area itself, I have taken a drive around the area and the estate itself is nice and clean and seems ok but some of the surrounding areas do not seem to be so desireable, what is the area like in general for law and order, instances of crime, theft, break ins etc.

Any help or advice on the area would be much appreciated, advisable to live here or totally steer clear?

Thanks guys
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

The area's fine, very settled now. Two nice parks within walking distance. Your travel to work and home would be OK as your just outside rush-hour. when I travelled from Rathfarnham to town for 7:30 a few years ago it would take about 30mins by public transport. Maybe a little longer if your leaving work at 6. It is close to Whitechurch which has a small section thats not great, but Pearse Brothers is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yes decent area, I used to live in Moyville, if you could stretch a bit further money wise that's a nice estate too.

The 61 bus could get you into work in time though given your start time the current timetable would get you in a bit early or late.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/61/

From Pearse Brothers Park you also have the option of the 16 (ten minute walk) which is more frequent though leaves you a bit further from Pearse Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 15b bus is another option - 5 to 10 minutes walk away on Ballyboden Road and with a decent frequency in the early mornings.

It will drop you to Grand Canal Dock area or a short walk away.

Advertisement