Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paddy's weekend dog show on this year?

• 01-02-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭

is it happening at the airport? what dates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The paddys day show is always on St.Patricks day, the clue is in the name :P :D

Its on the 17th, so its always on whatever that day falls. Think this year its a Saturday.

Ill be there with my two :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Andreac, is it just IKC Classes or are there a couple of novelty classes that anyone can enter?
    andreac wrote: »
    The paddys day show is always on St.Patricks day, the clue is in the name :P :D

Its on the 17th, so its always on whatever that day falls. Think this year its a Saturday.

Ill be there with my two :)

Marley its only dogs that are entered for the show that are allowed to be there and its an IKC champ show so unfortunately there are no novelty classes. The IKC dont do shows like that at all.

Thought as much Andreac :) ah well we will just have to hold out for the local Country shows that have a couple of dog classes just for fun..

Though will head along with my LO & what will be our new canine addition for a look around:)
    marley123 wrote: »
    Andreac, is it just IKC Classes or are there a couple of novelty classes that anyone can enter?

No worries, if you happen to be around the rottweiler ring come and say hi. Im the short blonde with the male dog in the champion class :)

• Advertisement

I defo will:) you cant miss us as we will have an @ that stage Assistance dog in training who will be wearing a hi-vis vest:)
    No worries, if you happen to be around the rottweiler ring come and say hi. Im the short blonde with the male dog in the champion class :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Marley its only dogs that are entered for the show that are allowed to be there and its an IKC champ show so unfortunately there are no novelty classes. The IKC dont do shows like that at all.

Is that definate taht yer not allowed to bring your own beasts?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is that definate taht yer not allowed to bring your own beasts?

Yes its in the schedules and they can enforce it. Have a look at the schedule and page 13 :)

http://dogshowentry.ie/OnlineEntries/Doc/Schedules/CWS_Sch12.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Good luck Andrea and any other boardsies who'll be entering dogs!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

when best to go for the terrier classes?

• Advertisement

Which terriers? There are loads of terriers so it just depends on which breed you want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Wouldn't normally be my thing but am hoping to get along this year to see the retired greyhound racing class. Its the first year there has ever been a class for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Just to let everyone know, there will also be agility and obedience taking place there.
    Myself and the Jazz will be doing agility so if anyone comes across a cute loose Jack looking for love/treats it'll be my girl having run off the course :D

Which terriers? There are loads of terriers so it just depends on which breed you want to see.

bull terriers of course! :D

also i like the working dog classes, ill definitly pop by and say hi to the rotties!

Well going by the schedule the Bull Terriers are on quite early. Judging starts at 9am so if you wanted to see them you would prob have to be there about 9am as depending on how many are entered in the breeds before the Bull Terriers which are Airedales, Am Staffs and Border Terriers, they might be on fairly soon after 9am. I would say to be there for 9.30am at latest just in case they judge the others quite quickly.

I might know more before the show if they release how many are entered in each breed.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

BUMP

Hey all,

Met a man in the park today while out walking my Scotty Terrier that mentioned this show this weekend.

Quite interested in going. You're definately are not allowed bring your own dog along, no?

Also, is the judging schedule available online? Would love to see the Scottish and Cairn terrier showings.

yeah im was hoping to hear the schedule by now. its terriers still early morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

http://dogshowentry.ie/OnlineEntries/Doc/Schedules/CWS_Sch12.pdf

Thats as close to the schedule as you will get lads/ladies the judging starts at 9am in all rings, but you would just have to be there as each ring will be done on its own timetable of dogs

edit - Nope definitely not allowed your own dog there! Not unless it is entered of course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Just to let everyone know there is also obedience and agility taking place in the outdoor rings.
    Myself and my Jazz will be doing agility :)

I suppose I should add I will be there with Izzy, forgot to enter Buddy :(:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Hi, you never get the exact time but the Terrier Group goes by Alphabet like the others. Start Time is as Andrea said 9.00 so the Bullies will be maybe at around 10.00. Maybe 9.30. Check this Facebook page on Friday
    OurDogs Ireland

They sometimes but up how many dogs are entered for each breed in the classes ;) and so you can guess how long it will take.

Save you the work here is the lost for Group 3

Group 3
    Airedale Terrier 6
    American Staffordshire Terrier 2
    Australian Silky Terrier 7
    Australian Terrier 1
    Border Terrier 17
    Bull Terrier 9
    Bull Terrier Miniature 2
    Cairn Terrier ?
    English Toy Terrier 3
    Fox Terrier Smooth Haired 4
    Fox Terrier Wire Haired 11
    Irish Glen of Imaal Terrier 5
    Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier 14
    Irish Terrier 8
    Jack Russell Terrier 6
    Kerry Blue Terrier 7
    Lakeland Terrier 2
    Manchester Terrier 1
    Norfolk Terrier 5
    Parson Russell Terrier 7
    Scottish Terrier 7
    Sealyham Terrier 2
    Skye Terrier 4
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier 33
    Welsh Terrier 5
    West Highland White Terrier 8
    Yorkshire Terrier 5

ill be there for 9 so. i wanna hang around for the full terrier group.. specially the bull terriers and the 'amstaffs' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Im planning on going to this for the first time. I know where the Airport is and I know Cloghran is near it. But not sure where exactly it all happens. Im assuming its well signposted and there is lots of parking.

Can anyone give me an exact address or directions - Im coming from town.

I really want to go and see the retired greyhound class and the stands. Hope there will be lots of them. Oh and of course want to see some of the breed groups too.

Its in the National Show Centre which is on the old Swords road.

If you go towards the airport from the M50, up to the roundabout and turn right and head down the Old Swords road, the pub is on your right, then at the next round about you take the 3rd exit off it and the Show Centre is on the left, you cant miss it.:)

Advertisement