Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone getting stuck in DFU

• 01-02-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭

Can anyone think of an issue that would cause an iphone 4 to randomly go into dfu mode? Mine is doing it all the time now for the last few days. Thinking it was a jailbreak issue, I did a restore to standard firmware but it's after happening again. Worse thing is, it does not seem to want to exit DFU mode at all.
    Tried tinyumbrella, irec as well as the holding down button combinations to no avail.
    Last thing I can try is to set it up as a new phone i guess, if it happens again then it has to be a hardware fault?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Have you preserved the baseband, I've seen this happening on old basebands on the 3GS before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Have you preserved the baseband, I've seen this happening on old basebands on the 3GS before

Nope, iphone 4 on 5.01 (or whatever firmware is out) and im factory unlocked on o2 already, so have no need to preserve baseband so it would also be up to date.
    2 days without phone now this time, think it is a h/w issue this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Finally got it working again, I seemed to do the same steps as before, so I don't know why it worked now and didn't before. Setting up as a new phone now, happens again, it goes out the window...

Advertisement