Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Not Delivering Parcels

Options
  • 01-02-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody else been having problems with an posts parcel delivering services lately?

It seems that in our area, the post men are not delivering parcels at all and are in fact, leaving them in the depot when they depart in the morning, and simply leaving an 'attempted delivery - no response at address' note, so that you will have to go down and collect it yourself.

I came to this conclusion after two incidents whereby I was at home all day and received no delivery, only to be told that they did try. So when my next parcel was due (yesterday), I simply waited near the door, and low and behold, the door bell did not ring and an 'attempted delivery - no response at address' slip came through the letter box, so I sprung out to catch the post man, and all he had was a bicycle with a bag of letters and swore blind that it had nothing to do with him, that he was just delivering what he was given. Typical civil service accountability.

I have made my detailed complaint to an post (again) but am not expecting any sort of reply.

Has anybody else experienced this from an post lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Unfortunately this is a regular complaint for an post, the ordinary postperson is on such a tight schedule they can't bring large parcels around with them and these are usually delivered by a van but in many places there are staff shortages due to illness etc and the vans are not doing the deliveries either so people get these automatic could not deliver slips!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's happening in the UK as well, some of the papers were on about it recently, probably the Daily Whinge Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

think it depends on the particular route, some use bikes and some use vans.
    you can't really expect him to fit dozens on parcels on a bike.
    btw if you live in an apartment it's worse, I'm lucky if I get one delivered in every twenty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭Tow

Has anybody else experienced this from an post lately?

It is fast becoming standard practice.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Why pay to get stuff delivered then- if the recipient is going to have to take time out of their day, trouble and expense- to get to the local sorting office (which could be miles away) to collect their post?

If there was an option to send packages cheaply on the basis that the receiver would have to collect them- it would be different- but they charge a sodding arm and a leg.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Buy quite a lot of vinyl records and stuff off Amazon etc (2 or 3 a month) that don't fit in apartment post box, I live in Milltown, Dublin and haven't had any problems, probably depends on how conscientious your local postman is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Letters, Large envelopes & small packets are all meant to be delivered by the normal post.

Parcels are delivered by An Post parcel service. (shut down many years ago, but revived about 18 months ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to shut this down, as this topic just keeps resurfacing. Search back through the forum, and you will find multiple threads.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement