Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off credit card

• 01-02-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

At the moment I owe €1,300 on my boi mastercard. I am with permanent tsb and enquired about transferring the balance on to them. They said I can't do it as my earning aren't over €30,000 per annum, and because I am living at home with my parents. I don't want to keep paying high interest, but I might have to do so until the card is cleared. Is there any other options out there for me to transfer the balance, or will they all be similar to boi's rules. I have asked permanent tsb for a loan to pay off my credit card, but was refused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    At the moment I owe €1,300 on my boi mastercard. I am with permanent tsb and enquired about transferring the balance on to them. They said I can't do it as my earning aren't over €30,000 per annum, and because I am living at home with my parents. I don't want to keep paying high interest, but I might have to do so until the card is cleared. Is there any other options out there for me to transfer the balance, or will they all be similar to boi's rules. I have asked permanent tsb for a loan to pay off my credit card, but was refused.

Sounds like nonsense to me. If you have the €1300 then bring the Giro you get in your bill to the bank and pay in cash. Close the card then.

You can most certainly clear the debt on your card at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@john mc
    my reading of the op is that he is trying to transfer onto an interest free card with ptsb and has been declined for a ptsb card. i dont think he has the 1300 to pay off the card at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Random wrote: »
    @john mc
    my reading of the op is that he is trying to transfer onto an interest free card with ptsb and has been declined for a ptsb card. i dont think he has the 1300 to pay off the card at the moment

You're correct - sorry OP, I misread your post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Not much in the way of loans being done at the moment for debts held elsewhere,:( maybe the Credit Union if you use one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

280special wrote: »
    Not much in the way of loans being done at the moment for debts held elsewhere,:( maybe the Credit Union if you use one ?

That would definetly be a possibility if I had an account with the CU :D. Im really just wondering if there are any other credit cards that aren't as strict as ptsb are. It's a bit silly really that they won't consider my application as I am paying off €150 a month and it is coming from my ptsb account. I wanted to change it over to ptsb aswell because in the future if I ever wanted to get a loan I could show that I make regular payments on my credit card. Thats just the way it goes though I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement