Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Mobile Broadband (Huawei-E1820) Which Router

Options
  • 01-02-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Does anyone know which brand of Router will work with my 3 Mobile broadband? Huawei-1820 USB dongle. I cannot seem to find an absolute definite answer. I Was thinking about the Netgear MBRN3000 as a might be purchase, but the supplier in question wasn't sure regarding my question.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards AWD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AWD

Looks like the Dovado 4GR might be a good bet, given what I have seen this evening. Anbody use this with E1820 ?
    AWD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Dovado 4GR has some odd 'issues' on the 3 network, identical to the behaviour some Huawei B260A routers display. Certain sites, including Amazon, may or may not work, along with email access issues.

No idea what the root cause is, if it is specific to an area\mast or.. I spent months fiddling with a Dovado 4GR, before just giving up.

It is network specific. The Dovado works fine on O2, Vodafone, Meteor etc.

Search using the keyword Dovado, on the Talk to> Three sub forum, before commiting to purchase the router.

http://www.boards.ie/search/?subforums=1&f=1367&q=Dovado
    AWD wrote: »
    Anbody use this with E1820 ?

The router works fine with the Huawei E1820\E182E.

Just to clarify, using a 'router like' unit now, with no issues, on the Three network. A Huawei E586.

No problems, apart from congestion, but that's to be expected.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Dovado 4GR has some odd 'issues' on the 3 network, identical to the behaviour some Huawei B260A routers display. Certain sites, including Amazon, may or may not work, along with email access issues.

No idea what the root cause is, if it is specific to an area\mast or.. I spent months fiddling with a Dovado 4GR, before just giving up.

It is network specific. The Dovado works fine on O2, Vodafone, Meteor etc.

Search using the keyword Dovado, on the Talk to> Three sub forum, before commiting to purchase the router.

http://www.boards.ie/search/?subforums=1&f=1367&q=Dovado

Thanks Amalgam. Took a chance with the 'Tiny' 4G/LTE Version. It fired up pretty much out of the box, followed the set up wizard and that was it. Get good signal range around house, the minimum about 60 %.
    icon14.gif

The Tiny's a lovely unit.

The Tiny is unique in that it is the only Dovado router with proper power cycling.

Get yourself a nice big wifi aerial now..

• Advertisement

Cheers Amalgam.
    Supplier did also recommend the bigger Ariel if the signal was on the weak side. So far so good.icon14.gif

Advertisement