Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Falsh Eyelashes!

• 01-02-2012 4:48pm

I'm thinking of wearing false eyelashes this Saturday night. I bought some nice ones the other day but I don't think i'll be able to put them on myself! Are they easy to apply? Should I apply them after my make up or before? any tips!?!

I'm also considering just going and getting some applied but I'll be in Dublin 1 getting my hair done and will have limited time. I'm getting highlights on Capel St at 9am so would need to be somewhere close by. Does that benefit counter in Arnotts do them? Do you guys know of anywhere else in that area of town that might do them for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Strip lashes are pretty easy to apply! I always put them on after i've done my mascara and eyeshadow, then apply a liquid eyeliner on the top lid to disguise the seam.

When you're applying them, just follow the instructions that come with the pack! And make sure you apply them as close to your lash line as you can! Then apply a small amount of pressure to make sure they are glued down. A little tip- I use the top of my eyeshadow brush to dab along the lash line, it's much more precise than your fingers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The lashes are a bit sticky from the packet adhesive so do a test run on your eyes to see if the size is ok. I often find the strips way too long and need to snip a tiny bit off.

When you put the glue on the lash, let it dry a little until it's "tacky" feeling. Way less mess putting them on!

Sometimes I put a mirror on the counter and look down into it when putting them on, helped me see more!

I'm trying to think if any of the make up counters stock lashes in Arnotts, surely if you buy them they'll put them on for you. Not sure if Make Up Forever is still in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Also, a good tip when putting them on is use a tweezers to hold them and apply the centre bit first. After that you can bring round both sides and put them in place. I (generally) find that the glue provided with lashes isn't great. A good one is Duo which I know you can get in MAC BTs, I'm not sure where else, but I'm sure the other ladies will let you know. Definitely size them first and cut from the outer corner. Have a great evening!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I second everything that has been said so far but also maybe watch some tutorials on YouTube as well to give you some tips. Enjoy!

Thanks a mil :)
    I'll give them a shot tonight maybe and check out the size, I'm going away with 4 girls so between us we'll figure it out. I would love to get semi permanent ones but couldn't afford the upkeep!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement