Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletownbere Hotel?

Options
  • 01-02-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Are there any hotels in Castletownbere?

Googling for a hotel in Castletownbere and not finding any or if I do they appear to be shut down.

Looking for a decent place to start on Beara Peninsula for a weekend with my family.

Anyone any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I think they are all closed,but I will check with someone tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

mp22 wrote: »
    I think they are all closed,but I will check with someone tomorrow.

Did the new place ever open .I was working at that back in the good oul days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Did the new place ever open .I was working at that back in the good oul days..

Puxley? No, that was stopped. Although I see Harringtons are working on the flyovers on the south ring so they might have a few pound to chuck at it again! There was a hotel for sale down there on the paper a few months back. They were looking for half a million I think. The peninsula really does need a hotel.

OP, pick a B&B in Allihies, you can't go wrong down there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

No hotels open in castletown,b&b only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

thanks everyone. I have three small girls so B&B's are not ideal. Might see if I can get a holiday home for 3-4 days.

So Eccles is the closest Hotel to Castletownbere I guess?

• Advertisement

BailMeOut wrote: »
    thanks everyone. I have three small girls so B&B's are not ideal. Might see if I can get a holiday home for 3-4 days.

So Eccles is the closest Hotel to Castletownbere I guess?

More or less there is a small hotel in glengarrif village, I cant think of its name at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

mp22 wrote: »
    More or less there is a small hotel in glengarrif village, I cant think of its name at the minute.

Casey's is the name I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭thebishop

Theres Caseys Hotel and the Park hotel which was built a couple of year ago.Park is prob the only one open this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

About 10 miles from castletownbere - a great place for kids, the family live close by and they have a horse and everything. Kids adore it, well my 4 year old does, we go every year!

Ballinakilla.com

Advertisement