Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

farming as a system geography junior cert notes

Options
  • 01-02-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anyone have: farming as a system geography junior cert notes? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Does anyone have: farming as a system geography junior cert notes? Thanks

you don't need to know much, but here's notes from skoool.ie

Farming: as already noted, farming is a primary economic activity. Farming in Ireland makes a great contribution to the economy, employing people not just as farmers but also in industry and services associated with farming.

A distinction should be made between arable farming (the growing of crops) and pastoral farming (the keeping of livestock, usually beef or dairy cattle). Mixed farming (the growing of crops and the keeping of livestock on the one farm) is quite typical in Ireland.

Students are required to understand the concept of farming as a system with inputs (raw materials, labour, etc.), processes (sowing, harvesting, etc.) and outputs (the finished products such as crops and milk). Irish farming does not operate in isolation and the influence of the EU has been of great significance to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Music4Life085

do we need a case study for a long question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

doing it tomorrow so I'm not sure,
    i got a farming question in my minimocks, and for case study i named a random farm, then talked about inputs outputs etc, as well as what type of farm it is.

check your textbook though, it has a case study on a farm, (well mine does anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

No. Just know the inputs, outputs and processes.

Advertisement