Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to start Acting in the Northside of Dublin?

• 01-02-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi guys. I am a 20 year old college student in DCU who is based in Santry. I really want to start acting as it is something which I have wanted to get involved in for a long time now.

I don't have a lot of money to be forking out loads of cash for lessons. But I want to know what would be the best way to go about getting started in acting. Are there any acting groups or workshops in the Northside of Dublin, near the Santry area? I know there is a post below about the no drama theatre tuesday groups based in Dublin 8. Dublin 8 is a good bit of travel from where I am though. It would be more convenient for me to go somewhere in the north side or city centre

So yeah, can anyone recommend any good places that caters for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 observe

Contact the Drama League of Irelandhttp://www.dli.ie who will put you in touch with drama groups in the city.
    I hear the DCU has a good drama society there?
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 German_11

Hey,

the Oakwood Drama Group is based in Finglas and might be a good start to get into acting, directing and everything else that is involved within a production.

Check: www.oakwooddrama.weebly.com

Advertisement