Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get to Finglas?

Options
  • 01-02-2012 6:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to be starting a job in Finglas soon, and will be getting the train up to Connolly from the Midlands. I am wondering what is the best way out to Finglas then. Bus? Where does it go from?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Prob be better off asking in the Dublin city forum and specifying where exactly in Finglas you need to get too as it's a pretty big area with many bus routes serving it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

No problem. Will you be getting the train to Connolly or Heuston?
    I grew up in between Heuston and Finglas and could give you directions by car,foot or bike but as Dublin bus routes - its been many moons since I was on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from DCN.

tHB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Hi,

I'm going to be starting a job in Finglas soon, and will be getting the train up to Connolly from the Midlands. I am wondering what is the best way out to Finglas then. Bus? Where does it go from?

Thanks very much.

From Connolly I'd suggest you walk up to O'Connell St and get on a 140, which will bring you straight up to Finglas. Where exactly in Finglas are you going, as the bus route might change depending on where in the locality you're headed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Born in Finglas, and still living there.

Where exactly are you going to in Finglas?
    Also how are you getting to Connolly Station?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

yeah depends on the area of finglas you want to go to. I usually get the 140 bus, it is quite direct. Although it goes straight up to charlestown and turns east to IKEA. so if you want the suburbs to the east yo may want the the 9 or 83 and if you want the suburbs to the west you might want the 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The best (only) way to get to the general Finglas area is by bus - either the 40 or the 140 will leave you near the Village, and both come in via Glasnevin. There's not really a train station very close, apart from Ashtown, but that is not walkable really.

After that, you'll need to be more specific about where you need to get to.

The bus will take about 20-25 minutes in the morning, you'll be going against traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Broombridge is fairly close to Finglas South.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

If you're coming in on a commuter train, could you get off at Drumcondra? You could pick up a 40 from Whitworth Road, just around the corner. That is, of course, if the 40 goes to the part of Finglas you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Get off at Drumcondra station if you can. Head out of the station and turn right, and walk to the canal. Turn right again, and you can get the number 40 bus to finglas, that stops along that road.

If you keep walking west along the canal for about 10 minutes, you can turn right at the Porterhouse pub, and you will also be able to get the 140 bus from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    Get off at Drumcondra station if you can. Head out of the station and turn right, and walk to the canal. Turn right again, and you can get the number 40 bus to finglas, that stops along that road.

If you keep walking west along the canal for about 10 minutes, you can turn right at the Porterhouse pub, and you will also be able to get the 140 bus from there.

And the 83 bus which goes to finglas east and ballymun avenue.

Advertisement