Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths grinds for mature computer science student

Options
  • 01-02-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I am applying for a computer science degree next year. I done the leaving cert applied so didnt do to much maths in it. I will need to get some maths grinds to help me out. Does anyone know anyone in the north Wicklow area that gives them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What college are you applying to? I know TCD and UCD both have Maths support centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Larianne wrote: »
    What college are you applying to? I know TCD and UCD both have Maths support centres.

DIT also have a pretty good maths support centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

N.U.I. Maynooth has a huge maths support centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭martin g

I have applied to UCD, DIT, ITB, ITT, NCI, TCI, i want to get some before i go to college to get a bit of a head start. I was reading on a boards post from 2010 about someone with the same problem and they didnt think the support in the colleges was that good so was unsure about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

martin g wrote: »
    I have applied to UCD, DIT, ITB, ITT, NCI, TCI, i want to get some before i go to college to get a bit of a head start. I was reading on a boards post from 2010 about someone with the same problem and they didnt think the support in the colleges was that good so was unsure about it.

Well I can speak only of the UCD Maths Support Centre and it was good. IT was a drop-in centre and they went through the problems you were having.

• Advertisement
Advertisement