Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock to Louisa Bridge (Leixlip)

Options
  • 01-02-2012 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello! I have a job at HP and was wondering if it's possible to commute from lets say Blackrock in Dublin to Louisa Bridge in Leixlip?

Anyone who have an estimate of the monthly cost to commute like this? I have no idea how the system works in Ireland and would appreciate if someone could help me out.

Which other stations can I commute from in Dublin to Louisa Bridge? or can I only take the train from Connolly station to leixlip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

by bus you would have to get the 66b from Westmorland st. Or a dart/train out to Louisa bridge, where a hp shuttle bus is there for every arrival. You could get a monthly bus/rail ticket which would be €123 a month although most employers have a travel scheme so it would cost about 60-70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mynt

D wrote: »
    by bus you would have to get the 66b from Westmorland st. Or a dart/train out to Louisa bridge, where a hp shuttle bus is there for every arrival. You could get a monthly bus/rail ticket which would be €123 a month although most employers have a travel scheme so it would cost about 60-70.

I would prefer train over bus, but which stations can I use to go to Louisa Bridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mynt

Also would the monthly cost be the same from say, Maynooth to leixlip? 123 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,688 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

DART to Connolly and then suburban rail to Leixlip.

Use the Journey planner on www.irishrail.ie and enter From Blackrock and To Leixlip (Louisa Bridge) and it will tell you everything you need to know about journey times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Some surburbans go direct from Blackrock to Louisa Bridge, any train going to Maynooth will get you there. Either direct on the commuter or Dart to Connolly and then hop on a Maynooth bound commuter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement