Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union loan officer

• 01-02-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

i put in for a top up loan from the credit union last week. it would bring me twice over my shares. im with them 16 years and have a great record with them however they have asked me to meet with the loans officer. Does this mean there is a slim chance now that the loan will be approved

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Times have changed, and the credit unions have to be much stricter. It doesn't mean you aren't getting it, just might to go through a few things first

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

Since 11/12/11 the full eu consumer credit regulations apply to credit unions. This means that the credit union must ascertain youre credit worthyness through icb checks etc. <Snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

hollydub wrote: »
    i put in for a top up loan from the credit union last week. it would bring me twice over my shares. im with them 16 years and have a great record with them however they have asked me to meet with the loans officer. Does this mean there is a slim chance now that the loan will be approved

Asking you to come in and talk to someone probably means that you're in with a shot, otherwise they would simply reject the application. The fact that someone is going to set aside some time to talk to you means that you have more than a slim chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Let's keep on topic here folks.. :)

Advertisement