Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor phone provider

Options
  • 01-02-2012 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi does any one know If meteor keep a record of text messages that I revived over the last 2 years and would they be able to recall the constant on them messages ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They wouldn't give you any details now. The guards could get details but only if it was merited in doing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mark1310

Davy wrote: »
    They wouldn't give you any details now. The guards could get details but only if it was merited in doing so
    I need a copy of all texts for last 2 years revived by my job ,, so it's not possible ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

mark1310 wrote: »
    I need a copy of all texts for last 2 years revived by my job ,, so it's not possible ??

Not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

A mobile operator is by law prohibited to store any kind of communication. Even if the Gardai were to request the content of your past text messages they could not get them, all they could get is traffic information (i.e. who you send or received the message from and at what time).

If the Gardai need the contents of your text messages they have to get a court order. This is called "lawful interception". The mobile operator will then relay a copy of every text message or call to them and only for the specific endpoints (users) specified in the court order. But they will only be able to get the messages that were sent/received *after* the court order was issued, as the content of the previous messages was never stored or relayed anywhere.

Advertisement