Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Metal

Options
  • 01-02-2012 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Downloaded the demo today and had a few games their and i am impressed.
    The game freakin sweet and its well worth a try.
    Was not gonna picked it up but looks like i might..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have finished twisted metal 2 atleast 3 times with each car. My friends at school were making charts on how many times with each character we finished.

It was my first ever ps1 game played. I did not owned it :( . I was way to poor so all my school lunch money went on playing ps1 in Internet cafe alike places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

My first experince with twisted metal was twisted metal black while i was up my friends house , was awesome listening to all that metal music while blowing up each other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I absolutely love it! Had 20 and 3 on my first Nuke match. It takes time to get used to with the controls but once you get used to it. It's pure chaos fun! :D

Death Warrant, Meat Wagon and Talon ftw!

its out in like 2 weeks too. i was prety sure in will be out only late this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

anyone else having trouble connecting?? I go to 'Quick Online Action', 'Death Match' and it searches, then says joining game, then says matchmaking error!!

Every time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Must have put hundreds of hours into the original with friends from school playing split screen, used to love Spectre and Roadkill. Never played any of them past 2 though. Downloading the demo now will try it out later...

mystic86 wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble connecting?? I go to 'Quick Online Action', 'Death Match' and it searches, then says joining game, then says matchmaking error!!

Every time....

Same here buddy.. Cant connect online ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Same here buddy.. Cant connect online ... :(

i managed to connect since, keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow its out in 2 weeks!? Ive been so occupied with SWTOR that all console releases have left my mind altogether. Played the hell out of 2 back in the day when splitscreen was the big thing. Will pick this up....if i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It's alot of fun have to admit, only negative would be the control system is a little weird and takes getting used too!!

Will pick up the full game as i'm sure theres plenty of days play in there between single and multi player.

• Advertisement

EU got screwed and TM: Black all over again!

It was reported last month that Twisted Metal would release in Europe February 17th, just two days after the US release. According to Jaffe, this has now changed.

According to David Jaffe and Other Twisted Metal Developers, the game has now been delayed until March 1st. This is due to localization issues. Along with this, the EU version will be seeing cuts, which isn't by choice. Content that is too "graphical" will be omitted out of the EU version of the game.

This was all confirmed on a live developer chat hosted by Sonyrumors.

http://mp1st.com/2012/02/01/twisted-metal-delayed-in-europe/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Import confirmed!

What sort of ****e is that ?

Too graphical my hole , this is coming from the same country the censored mk vs dc joker fatality in the usa ...
    Get the **** out of here ,

The game is not even that graphical compared to mortal kombat and gears of war ..

How much will importing from the usa be ?

I'm not going to bother importing, buying usa psn card for future dlc's and creatin' usa acc just to activate the online pass! This is just pure of shyte!

According to jaffe 99% of the cuts come from the cutscene in the game , from his words all the graphical images will be cut but you can hear the screams , noises and everything -___- im dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Loved this back on the PS1, used to play it all the time with my friends on splitscreen.

Looking forward to this.

Tried to download it there but the store is down for maintenance. I'll give it a play tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I want a PS3 :(
    I'm a life-long Twisted Metal fan, and I'mr eally kicking myself right now for being an Xbox head in this generation!

deathrider wrote: »
    I want a PS3 :(
    I'm a life-long Twisted Metal fan, and I'mr eally kicking myself right now for being an Xbox head in this generation!

Il rob a ps3 for ya man ..;) give me time to get my baseball bat ready and my gear ...:pac:

Il rob a ps3 for ya man ..;) give me time to get my baseball bat ready and my gear ...:pac:

I'll grab my favourite shotgun and my burying shovel :pac:

I'll grab my favourite shotgun and my burying shovel :pac:

It settled .. We meet outside gamestop at 12:43 sharp , they wont know what hit em :D

• Advertisement

It settled .. We meet outside gamestop at 12:43 sharp , they wont know what hit em :D

I'll be easy to recognise. I'll be wearing full clown make-up, and I'll have me head set on fire.

I'll be easy to recognise. I'll be wearing full clown make-up, and I'll have me head set on fire.

Now thats a plan ..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,385 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cant believe psn is still down

ffs

Does this ever happen Microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This was going to be a purchase, but with the cut-scenes cut again, it won't be. It ruined the single player part of Black, and it will ruin this. I'm fookin ragin. May pick up a US copy.

I'm sh!t sick of this.

Edit: Just read this, and while it doesn't seem to be as bad as Black, it's still cuts. Seriously tempted to move to America* because of the know-nothing tw@s governing what i can and can't watch!

*not really

Is American version not cut? So us in eu ar pussies?!

It's 18+ game anyway, why the **** to cut it?!?!?!

Is American version not cut? So us in eu ar pussies?!

It's 18+ game anyway, why the **** to cut it?!?!?!

Nope us version not cut just eu ..

I blame germany :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54,385 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can someone try to download this game now, please. It just won't download for me, I click download and goes to another screen and nothing happens.

I reckon that maintenance ****ed up psn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I'm going to import. The question is; if I use the online pass on my US account, then can I play online on my EU account. The accounts are linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Headshot wrote: »
    Can someone try to download this game now, please. It just won't download for me, I click download and goes to another screen and nothing happens.

I reckon that maintenance ****ed up psn

I downloaded it around 12pm today and I'm playing it now.

Enjoying it so far. Takes a bit of getting used to but seems like its got potential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Was always a big fan of Twisted metal. I played TM2 it on PS1 many years ago. had pc version also, but there was somethings left out of it.
    Played the ps1 version on emulator on PC also when I no longer had a PS1. Works quite well. I did like TM1. Not so much TM Black. (also there was no end sequences at all due to the european edition getting censored) I had to use swap-magic to play Twisted Metal Head On Extra Twisted Edition on the Ps2 as it was region locked to the states. This was like the real sequel to TM2.

The Demo for the PS3 was very good. I will definitively be buying this.

Advertisement