Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Metal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Nope us version not cut just eu ..

I blame germany :(

Maybe someone can enlighten me but I don't think I've come across a game that's censored for the EU but not the US before.

First thing I thought of when I heard this news was those damn Germans :p

Seriously though its pretty annoying if their extreme paranoia about video games is gonna start effect the rest of us in the EU.

That's bollocks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

What sort of ****e is that ?

Too graphical my hole , this is coming from the same country the censored mk vs dc joker fatality in the usa ...
    Get the **** out of here ,

The game is not even that graphical compared to mortal kombat and gears of war ..

How much will importing from the usa be ?

How do you feel about someone, somewhere, deciding that you, Mr Richy McDermott, from Ireland, of age.. are not permitted to witness levels of virtual violence within "just another video game".
    What are yo going to do about it?

.. Thats what I think when I hear about censorship. Who the **** says I cant look at something?? WHO THE **** LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so guys. when is it released? i heard they are pushing it back to march?

if i get US version, will i have to play multiplayer on US servers too? Us account etc?

that censorship bullcrap is really get me at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

so guys. when is it released? i heard they are pushing it back to march?

if i get US version, will i have to play multiplayer on US servers too? Us account etc?

that censorship bullcrap is really get me at this stage...

I ordered the US one and should have it this week. With regard to the online pass working across accounts of different regions- Uncharted 3 works in this regard.
    I will update when I know for sure that it works, but even on NeoGAF, it is taken for granted that once you unlock it on your US account, it should work on all your sub accounts (even if they are for different regions).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Advertisement

Liamario wrote: »
    I ordered the US one and should have it this week. With regard to the online pass working across accounts of different regions- Uncharted 3 works in this regard.
    I will update when I know for sure that it works, but even on NeoGAF, it is taken for granted that once you unlock it on your US account, it should work on all your sub accounts (even if they are for different regions).
    Let us know how you get on m8. Where did you ordered and how much it worked out?

Planet Axel

Fairly cheap by the looks of it :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

"Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry."

That's not metal. I was looking forward to clicking a button to remotely shoot a bullet at a truck in a desert somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I still applied, can't do any harm! (other than to the truck)

So how are the delivery times from that place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

not very impressed with this so far, but im not going to commit to any opinions just yet. another 5 or so hours of play needed to get a more well rounded view of it

Helix wrote: »
    not very impressed with this so far, but im not going to commit to any opinions just yet. another 5 or so hours of play needed to get a more well rounded view of it

Who'd you order yours from. Still waiting on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Liamario wrote: »
    Who'd you order yours from. Still waiting on mine.

his location is Toronto , so game released there yesterday.

some widely varying scores for this. it would only be the multiplayer i would be interested in anyway.

I watched gttrailers review and honestly... I was not impressed. It looks really better at demos, gameplay trailers etc.

Add censorship on top of it and I might pick it up only later on in bargain bin :(

review up now in about 10 minutes, just running through the Vita setup and applying the system update before finishing if off. it's gonna disappoint a lot of people i think

Vita or twisted metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

*platform PS3

signed

pedantic pat

ahaha sorry about that, ticked the wrong box

fixed

Well, I really disliked when they scraped old style: 1 car - 1 story - 1 wish. It had a huge potential for reply. I finished twisted metal 2 with each car multiple times. This one looks like has no reply value at all :( .

I am not really interested in multiplayer so I guess there is **** all in here for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Seems fair i lost interest playing the demo.. Got bored very quickly i must say..the censorship just killed it off completeley after that

the censorship will surely only be for the cut scenes? they don't affect gameplay anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Helix wrote: »
    the censorship will surely only be for the cut scenes? they don't affect gameplay anyway

But the cutscenes made the original Twisted Metal unique, and why Black was a let-down. If the same thing happens here, it will ruin the SP game for me (again).

I'm still in 2 minds about this. I want to get it to try the MP, as the review is saying that's where it all comes together, and it may die away if it's not great... What to do, what to do!!!

the sp is ruined by being dull as hell anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Did anyone try the 4 player split screen?

Also is it possible to play 2 player - multiplayer? i.e 2 people on local machine playing online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Can't find the demo on the Playstation store (tried 'Demos' and 'All Games'). Some sites indicate it was a limited time demo, and no longer available?

Hope they put it back up after sorting out the network issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

hmmmm can't wait to try play it anyways!

Advertisement