Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshopping request..

Options
  • 01-02-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

I took a fab black and white shot of my daughter here, (rare to get here when she isnt posing deliberately) and think it needs some work via photoshop to eliminate the background or something, is there anywhere specific I should post this request or can I just throw it out there for artistic experimentation..:rolleyes: edited to add it was taken on a phone so disappointingly the quality isnt very good, but I just love this pic and want to keep it.

f3utl5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That'a a very low quality photo, have you a decent clear original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

No, gutted cos it was taken on phone rather than my v good camera! one of those if only shots.. I guess it cant be improved on much in that case then..

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Its a lovely picture but there isnt a whole lot that can be done with it when the source image quality is that low. Its already quite heavily pixelated at that resolution. You could possibly get some minor improvements with a denoise filter and unsharp mask but I cant see it making all that much of a difference. If I get some free time this afternoon I can give it a try for you.

I would appreciate that. I have PSP X3 and need to get some books to get to grips with using it myself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

Phone cameras should be banned!!!

However, these efforts were achieved with a Gaussian blur to soften the pixellation and lowering the contrast and increasing the brightness.

The sepia one was the monochrome converted to duotone and then reconverted to RGB

a.jpg

aa.jpg

• Advertisement

A definite improvement on mine! I know what you mean about camera phones, they are too easy to pick up and snap with..I recently bought a Sony A33 and its an amazing camera, Im just training myself to take it everywhere so as not to miss a pic..Thanks Bette.

Can anyone tell me offhand if RAW files are compatible with PSP?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

BengaLover wrote: »
    A definite improvement on mine! I know what you mean about camera phones, they are too easy to pick up and snap with..I recently bought a Sony A33 and its an amazing camera, Im just training myself to take it everywhere so as not to miss a pic..Thanks Bette.

Can anyone tell me offhand if RAW files are compatible with PSP?

I believe so. If your camera shoots raw then the supplied software will cater for conversions.

Advertisement