Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stray moggy in need of some help

• 01-02-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

hi people!

there is a stray cat appearing in my back garden a lot this week. his fur is in pretty bad shape but he seems somewhat friendly (though very nervous). he
    also really needs a few good dinners - he's as skinny as a rail. i hope the fecker doesn't freeze tonight if we get the -5C from the weather forecast. :(

long story short, is there a pound for cats these days or what should i do here? i can't keep him myself since i've got one already and she's aggressive with other animals. assuming i could catch this cat and get it into a carrier box is there anywhere in dublin that would even take a stray cat? frankly i don't think this guy has too long if someone doesn't start looking after him - before i put some food out he was eating a crust of bread left by the birds. :eek:

all advice appreciated and many thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Uthur wrote: »
    hi people!

there is a stray cat appearing in my back garden a lot this week. his fur is in pretty bad shape but he seems somewhat friendly (though very nervous). he
    also really needs a few good dinners - he's as skinny as a rail. i hope the fecker doesn't freeze tonight if we get the -5C from the weather forecast. :(

long story short, is there a pound for cats these days or what should i do here? i can't keep him myself since i've got one already and she's aggressive with other animals. assuming i could catch this cat and get it into a carrier box is there anywhere in dublin that would even take a stray cat? frankly i don't think this guy has too long if someone doesn't start looking after him - before i put some food out he was eating a crust of bread left by the birds. :eek:

Did you give the ISPCA a ring? Or maybe the Blue Cross? You could also check with your local vet, they might be able to check, if the cat is microchipped and belongs to someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Uthur wrote: »
    hi people!

Hi, best advice I can give is to email feral cats ireland. They can let you know if there is someone in your area who can help you. Well done for helping him. They don't just help feral cats. They're on Facebook to so you'd get a quick reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Did you give the ISPCA a ring? Or maybe the Blue Cross? You could also check with your local vet, they might be able to check, if the cat is microchipped and belongs to someone

CATS AID are in Dublin their number is 16683529

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

thanks guys, that's exactly what i needed. when i have an update i'll post again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Cats Aid are great, good luck OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement