Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you mod a banned xbox

• 01-02-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I have a banned xbox can this be modded

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

is there a market for them do they sell

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

I doubt it since you not be able to get on live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

is there a market for them do they sell

If it has a HDMI output you can modify it with the Coolrunner mod chip which gives you the same functionality as a JTAG

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

its a new xbox slim fair mad as i didnt do anything my account was hacked and they banned it as i have done nothing and dont even know how to do the things they are saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If your account was hacked then report it as hacked and let them investigate it.

If you modified your gamer profile (e.g. using other people's saved games, changing your avatar skin colour etc) then you were issued with a Gamertag ban. The console is still fine, but you need to make a new gamertag.

If you modified the console (e.g. put iXtreme DVD firmware on it) then you were issued with a console ban. Provided the sticker on the back of the console indicates the console uses 10.83A and not 9.6A you can stick a coolrunner chip into it and sell it, there is a market for them and you might be able to get €150 for it.

Advertisement