Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of gun is this?

Options
  • 01-02-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I have two questions, firstly does anyone know what make of gun this may be? It's a smooth bore muzzle loaded, seemingly, percussion gun, any idea of make or year? Secondly, is there anywhere I could look to have it restored and appraised?

Thanks for any help.

Musket1.jpg
    Musket2.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Hi UncleMarvo and welcome to the forum.Is there any markings on the gun that can be seen,proof marks etc.The gun itself at a guess is British,American or German as these places would of been the biggest manufacturer of such weapons.A proof mark should establish where the rifle is from and can be taken from there.Any gun shop should be able to point you in the right direction for restoration and a good auction house may be able to provide an appraisal.Also you could contact the VCRAI for advice, here is a link to there site

• Registered Users Posts: 7 UncleMarvo

Thanks for the reply, there are no visible markings on the gun. I'll check out the link you sent. Thanks again.

Advertisement