Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a tiler

• 01-02-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Heya all, have a bit of tiling to be done, just under presses of new fitted kitchen how much would i be looking at paying the tiler wana get few quotes and go with best price anyone no how much i am looking getting charged the sizes of tiles are 12x12ins there mosaic and theres 43 tiles in total. tks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

i think you're in the wrong DIY forum

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Sorry Mods can you please move to diy thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

guil wrote: »
    i think you're in the wrong DIY forum

Thread moved, just report it the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

get yourself a hand grinder and a tile saw for cutting around plug sockets and tackle it yourself, just done my own never done it before took my time same size tiles as you are using, turned out great,
    just give yourself two days free,
    best of luck,
    wouldent have a clue how much a tiler would charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

cheapest ant always best ....
    id say you would be looking at about 150 to 180 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

150 - 200 euro would be about right. Mosaic is a lot of work. Make sure you get a propper professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

sorry didnt see the mosaic part prob would be the guts of 2 alright as they are harder to work with and harderr to get a good finish so make sure you get someone good!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

25 euro per square yard..anything more than that and you're being had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Degsy wrote: »
    25 euro per square yard..anything more than that and you're being had.

Your square yard price is ott. Its got nothing to do with it. Its a half days work for a tiler with nothing left but tidy up.

With due respect to you and everyone else this type of job is not price based but time based. Its half a days work and depending on the amount of sockets and pelmets maybe a day. My figure should be accurate for one reason only.

The op will pay someone else if a tiler does not treat him/her fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

just finished off my house and the tiler was 11.50 a square yard and it was perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

bazmc35 wrote: »
    just finished off my house and the tiler was 11.50 a square yard and it was perfect

shop around and you'll get it a bit cheaper. A friend got someone to do his kitchen recently, think he said it was 8 a sq meter and during the boom the same tiler was charging a lot more.

Advertisement