Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get a message of mine deleted and username changed

Options
  • 01-02-2012 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Admins

I posted a message that opened a can of worms. My username can identify me so last night i tried to change my username, but am not allowed even though i am a subscriber (on my old account).
    Firstly I would appreciate it if i could get the message deleted and also my username changed/deleted so that no threads show up my old username anywhere. It is a username that i picked when i was young innocent and stupid.
    Can someone help
    you can pm me on this account for the info i need deleted

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

You will need to send a PM to either of the forum moderators, Eoin or JustMary and submit your request to them.

Bear in mind that this thread now has over 20 replies and would be considered to have taken a life of its own. The moderators may not wish to delete a thread that is so large because it contains information which may be of use to other boards.ie users.

If you wish to get your name changed, you need to go to start a thread in the Subscriber's forum (as you state you are now a Subscriber in another thread), and request your new username there.

If you wish to close your account, click on your User CP, scroll down to the "Miscellaneous" box on the left hand side, click "Close Account", and follow the instructions.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TheShadowMan

Hi Shield

I just pm'd you before i saw your post, it will send it again to Eoin and Just Mary. If i delete my account, will my old posts be still visible with my username.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

No, the rest of your posts will still be visible. Any posts you want deleted will need to be done on a post by post basis.

That means you'll need to find the moderator for the forum where each of your posts/thread are, and ask each of them if they will delete your posts/comments.

You'll also have to give a reason. If threads that you've started have taken on a life of their own, moderators may be reticent to delete them without good grounds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement