Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first Site

Options
  • 01-02-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys/Girls

I've been dabbling in some HTML, PHP and what not in the last few months in my free time. Here is the first full site I've built. My Uncle has asked me to put together a website for his kennels. It's not 100% complete. It's only missing some of the text which I am waiting for him to write. I was hoping to get a bit of a review on what I've done so far. Maybe some suggestions on what can be improved, removed or that needs fixing

Link : http://www.robertgloster.me/test/

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

I'd split the five sections into five different pages for a start, nobody likes having to scroll down that far on a page, it will aslo leave it easier to modify or update in the future at the minute when you update a section it could impact on the section belowif they were five separate pages this would not be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

Personally I quite like the way the links scroll down.. reminds me of this site http://www.cybercom.ie/#about-us which I think is quite effective from a user point of view.

You need to set the CSS to no boarder for the images that scroll your image as its showing the default blue for me..

Wish my first site looked like that!

Also your logo is perfect for a favicon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

It think it's great, I also like the scroll down function, especially the scrolling action.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Bit of an update. Some text added.

http://www.bedandbiskitslimerick.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I really like it. The scrolling makes it different. The only thing is when you click on say 'Home' it doesn't bring you to the top of the page, you can't see all the logo. Same with some of the others, doesn't bring you to that exact part of the page, you have to scroll a bit more. That's the only thing that was bothering me. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Hey guys. Just looking for your opinion on price. Basically I have someone else that wants a site ,same as this one. Now since the first one was for a family member it only cost a pint.

Considering my zero experience and also the simplicity of the site would €100 quid be a fair price or am I underselling or overselling myself.

Any more improvement to suggest.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Just a heads up that the left arrow for the scrolling photos doesn't work for me in that latest version.
    Worked fine on the first version.

Advertisement