Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you exercise or are you a lazy fatass?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I masterbate as often as I can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Yes I am to reach the optimum level of fitness that is needed for running for buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Gym 3 or 4 days a week

Apart from that, I'm a lazy arse. No couch potato though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

was a v lazy f***er but have begun exercising and eating properly and feel great now. Walk,swim cycle and down 12lbs since 1st January, no going back for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

bluewolf wrote: »
    i have evening classes 3 times a week, the rest is work, study, practise
    walk the dog
    completed c25k a couple times over the last couple years but then keep getting sick or other stuff
    so, back to starting it again
    jimpump wrote: »
    whats c25k? never heard of it

Seachmall wrote: »
    cloneslad wrote: »
    Couch to 5k I would imagine.

It's for people who have never done any running in their life and think 5k is a long distance. Women go as far as to call it a mini marathon.....very f**kin mini!!!

I thought Bluewolf meant c.25k as in "circa 25km" or "around 25km" for those with no Latin.

At the moment it's -17 degrees here so no outdoor running for me. The snots in my nose froze on the way to work this morning. So nowadays I walk home from work which is exaclty 4 miles.

Usually when I'm in training I run about 4 or 5 miles but I'm quite lazy at the moment. The cold weather has a lot to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd play football(soccer) 3 to 6 times a week. If I'm really unlucky, there could be a circuit, spin or aerobics session thrown in there too.

I'm still a bit of a fatty despite all that exercise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I don't exercise at all but I'm about 8st 7lbs so I guess I'm a lazy slimass.......

(not slimeass):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Currently 4 weight days and 2 cardio days a week. Hit the heavy bag most days too. During the summer I'll have a few pick up basketball games too. Exercise is my drug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I go to classes 6 days a week, 2 most days, cardio 6 times a week ( so spinning,aerobics, dancing)and toning/ weight training 4 of the days, I'm addicted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Exercising every day ,high intensity boxing/MT sessions,running,stretching ,sometimes twice a day if needed.

• Advertisement

Any time I feel like exercising, I go for a lie down till the feeling passes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'm a lazy hambone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

It's for people who have never done any running in their life and think 5k is a long distance. Women go as far as to call it a mini marathon.....very f**kin mini!!!

Way to encourage. You have to start somewhere and this does just that gets you started.

Life is about balance :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Exercise is my drug.

I'd be very much like that too, except drugs are my drug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I don't exercise at all but I'm about 8st 7lbs so I guess I'm a lazy slimass.......

(not slimeass):pac:

Quiet slime ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I run 3-4 miles almost every day.

Plus weights, rowing, bike.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Hit the gym pretty hard four times a week, hot yoga once a week.

I'd exercise seven days a week if it didn't mess up my hair so badly. That's not even a joke, it's a lot of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

There's a few different theories for what's going on in this thread, either lots of people are compulsive liars about how much they do or only the sports minded people are posting.

If these answers were representative of the general public there wouldn't be so many obese people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Just started last april from doing nothing for years to do weightlifting. Only started running recently, first time i thought i was gonna die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

The weather and time are currently against me, but in summers it is usual for me to spend a whole day, i.e 9am to 8pm skating.
    At the moment, I just walk a lot during the day. Wouldn't count it as actively excercising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I play football on the astroturf 2/3 times a week and train muay thai twice a week

what do you lot do in your spare time or do you sit on your holes watching **** on TV in the evenings?
    I have no spare time, too busy being superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Play squash and learning to swim.

But lazy as well when I'm not exercising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

Not fat. Just a lazyass.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I'm genuinely embarrassed by how little I do these days. Used to go to the gym 3/4 times a week, but injury put me out of action for a month or two. And once the routine is broken, it's very hard to go back. Haven't been in the gym now in about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I run 3/4 days a week and cycle as well most days, as long as the weather will allow.

I do yoga at home most evenings too. I do it all cause I enjoy it-I like staying fit and healthy. Not a fatty, in fact I eat like a horse because I burn off calories easily (I don't like being too skinny and losing my boobs).
    Don't hate me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

i was lazy for a few years when my exercise routine was just walking to the pub

but for the last few years ive been training like a mad mofo

maybe its time for you to do the same and get up off your fatass, it takes commitment but its well worth it, bro

Are you Jedward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Exercise is for chumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Weights in the gym 3/4 times a week. Mainly out of pure bordem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

phasers wrote: »
    Exercise is for chumps.

Even if you enjoy doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i train 3 Days a week
    play a game on Sunday's
    do heavy weights 2 times a week
    do Press Ups,Sit Ups etc every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I walk four miles five days a week but to be honest I'm a lazy bastard behind it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I find I have less time these days to exercise, due to other commitments (drinking, over-sleeping, etc.), however I do try to smoke at least 15 cigarettes a day (more at the weekend) which helps keep the weight down, so I'm certainly no fatass.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭twistedsoul

I used to exercise but then i took an arrow to the knee !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm off the drink and will seek outlets for my energy soon. Running and cycling bores the fuck out of me so I shall seek out and find some 5-a-side soccerball all being well.

Will probably get back into body drowning boarding in the warmer months.

Watch out for your ankles on the astro-turf (astro turf is dodgy when you're carrying an extra few pounds).

So how much weight do you intend to lose fatty OP?

Want to come to the park and practice Scorpian kicks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I run 5-6 days a week and usually cycle to and from work. If I have the time, I like to fit in a swim or a yoga or pilates class too, but it doesn't always happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Saucer of your finest milk for cloneslad, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I only excercise to try and put on weight.

Not workin; gave up for the time being.. .... Just sit on me arse drinking pints of whey protein now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Seachmall wrote: »
    Lazy Fatass here.

Am to start exercising soon though. Maybe tomorrow...

Well, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Lullymore24

I'm not overly fit.
    I go to the GYM twice a week on average and do a 1hr work out consisting of 30mins Cardio, 30 mins weights.

I also have a bench at home and I bench press 60kg 3 sets of ten every 2 days.

I am building muscle and slowly losing weight.
    My legs are the strongest part of my body.

I can lift 170kg 3 sets of 10 in the Gym.
    Not sure name of machine, you sit in it and push out.

My pull downs are my weakness, 45kg has me near dead after 10 reps.
    I need to work on that.

Any time nobody is around in work I do 30 push up's also.
    I can't do more as my cardio needs more work.

I wish I had the time or energy to do more, often after a day in the job all I want to do is put the feet up and rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

I was a gymnast si was rather ripped for years.. Stopped training a few years ago due to injury and am slowlyyyy piling on the pounds :( Just have no motivation anymore!!
    Sometimes if i squint i can see a hint of muscle tone under the chinese and pizza thats welded onto my belly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I go for swims at least 3 times a week or more often, tide and weather dependend.
    And for walks at lunchtime.
    Other than that, though, I like sitting on my behind and read a good book, and there's nothing wrong with that so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Six weeks ago I started running. Now I'm up to 4k three to four times a week. However my back is getting more painful from a crash injury so I'd say I need to ease up a little.
    Being just over 40 and never really exercised its really hard to get started and build it up.

I constantly feel I started too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I barely used to do any exercise but I moved abroad last month and now have loads of free time so I figure why not make an effort. I've cut out all the crap from my diet and began to use the nearby gym six days a week. Running six times and then using the weight machines every second day. If I keep it up I'll be in the best shape of my life (admittedly that wouldn't mean I'd look too amazing or anything) in the next few weeks :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Go to the gym about three times per week. Currently 13 stone, the goal is to get to a lean 14 stone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i look through boards for 8 month old threads to bump but sometimes some smart bastard gets there before me

guess I'll have a swiss roll for breakfast, the day is already ruined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I just read through that entire thread. Why did I do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I've been out of action for the last 2 months with an achilles injury (anyone who's had that will know how tough they are to heal).

Am going to my first Kettle Bells class tonight, and am going to try to get back out walking/jogging over the next few weeks (slowly, don't want to undo the progress with the achilles).

As I've gotten older (am in my mid twenties) I've realised the value of keeping even a bit fit. The hormones you release when exercising, as well as the boost to your self esteem, really make you feel so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

I'm jumping between active and eating pizza. I play Jugger every sunday, and try to go to MMA once or twice a week. Also starting Kendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I benched 60kgx70 and 100kgx21 come at me op you cheeky c*nt i will wreck u m8

Do you even lift?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

Been boxing for years. Can't live without it haha

Advertisement