Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you exercise or are you a lazy fatass?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Right now I'm a lazy bastard (and have been for the last few weeks!) Need to get motivated again.
    Shame the weather is getting shit to the point you can't guarantee a run every eventing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

1ZRed wrote: »
    Right now I'm a lazy bastard (and have been for the last few weeks!) Need to get motivated again.
    Shame the weather is getting shit to the point you can't guarantee a run every eventing.
    Sorry but running in the rain is the best time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

Lazy skinnyass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I was going to go to they gym but but instead I read this thread. :mad: Basically, I'm a lazy fatass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Run in the rain. IMO rain and cold are no excuse if you want to exercise regularly in Ireland. I actually prefer exercising in the cold, it's more pleasant when you warm up. Now personally, I'm a cyclist, not a runner, but I know a number of people who love running in the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I hate running, it makes me completely miserable, but the only time I ever enjoyed it was in the rain. Running when it's icy however...no craic. Had to turn back after 2 minutes.

I go to gym classes about 3 times a week...probably should do more, but find it hard to find motivation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't exercise, nor am I a 'lazy fat ass'. I go to college and after that I go to work. Every day. I sleep for 3 or 4 hours a night, and at the weekends I catch up with friends and family who I don't get to see or talk to during the week. If I had more free time, I would fit in going to the gym, but currently this isn't the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

jimpump wrote: »
    I play football on the astroturf 2/3 times a week and train muay thai twice a week

what do you lot do in your spare time or do you sit on your holes watching **** on TV in the evenings?

Well this isn't loaded at all!

I shag the woman several times a day. All the exercise i can handle.

Go to the gym about three times per week. Currently 13 stone, the goal is to get to a lean 14 stone.

What height are you?

• Advertisement

My exercise is riding!!!

i look through boards for 8 month old threads to bump

Lulz, my thoughts exactly. :pac::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Sorry but running in the rain is the best time.
    Ah, you're just too optimistic the whole time :p
    Run in the rain. IMO rain and cold are no excuse if you want to exercise regularly in Ireland. I actually prefer exercising in the cold, it's more pleasant when you warm up. Now personally, I'm a cyclist, not a runner, but I know a number of people who love running in the rain.

Not a fan of it tbh. I do love going for an intense run on an icy/cool morning. That kind of cold/sharp feeling in your chest is brilliant and drives you.

Ofc. There won't be anything intense about my running these days given I've slowed down a lot! Bought weights a while ago, and got great use out of them. But now, pure dust collectors! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I was a lazy arse (not fat arse - more like, no arse) until recently.....I kept saying I would get off my back (where my arse should be) and get running....but I kept procrastinating. Then 3 months ago I finally did it. In 3 months, I have gone to running 5k five evenings a week.

I'm not sure how I'll get on when it's dark at 4:30 and frosty. I can't really do it in the mornings. I'll try keep it up in the evenings.

I'd rather slit my wrists than do indoor workouts in a gym or whatever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Laois_Man wrote: »

I'd rather slit my wrists than do indoor workouts in a gym or whatever!

It's not that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd run in the rain if I didn't have such gammy toes and shins. My mode of transport is a bike and I won't cycle in the rain. The roads here are constantly being dug up and mix the loose chippings and the rain and the dark evenings and it's a nightmare.

My routine has changed since I last posted in this thread. I now play Astro twice a week and try and go to the gym 3 times a week to lift weights. I've lost almost 4 pounds in the past 4 or 5 weeks. Steady progress...

Advertisement