Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I switch to UPC from Eircom ?

• 01-02-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I see UPC are offering phone & broadand ( have Sky TV and not changing ) how does the UPC broadband measure up ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

go to upc its 3000% better than anything eircom can offer.

Eircom is going under soon anyways.

Eircom is for sale and it has debts of 3.75bil......... i wouldn't expect to see any major investment in upgrading their aging infrastructure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Absolutely, it should work out cheaper and the speeds on offer are far better. There TV packages and digi box/software isn't on par with sky yet but is getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

Thanks it looks good / better than Eircom just found when with them for tv before custer service if required was deplorable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

does it take long to get sorted when you sign up online? how long until it's connected and the equipment gets sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Lol, no, never. Eircom are the worst.

Just look at some of the threads here about Eircom. They have a horrible reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Slydice wrote: »
    does it take long to get sorted when you sign up online? how long until it's connected and the equipment gets sent out?
    Less than a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

mark17j wrote: »
    Slydice wrote: »
    Less than a week
    Im wit you upc was fine for 6 months but they wouldnt work at all, after giving out loads on the phone they came fixed it and boasted it to 100mb connection extremely fast, but customer care can be a bit rubbish unless your willing to keep getting onto them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

I have changed recently and the experience was good ..

If you are changing, Sign up in one of the retail outlets Currys / DID etc ..

Then you will get a 250 Euro voucher for triple play or 125 Euro voucher for phone / broadband to spend as you please :-)

http://www.upc.ie/retailoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

sonyvision wrote: »
    Im wit you upc was fine for 6 months but they wouldnt work at all, after giving out loads on the phone they came fixed it and boasted it to 100mb connection extremely fast, but customer care can be a bit rubbish unless your willing to keep getting onto them

Upc 100 Mb is not available in Waterford 25 Mb maximum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

@ bob11, I was thinking of taking advantage of that offer, was it much hassle getting the voucher from the retailer?

• Advertisement

Yes I think I will switch one last item is there any issue around downloading films etc erx

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

We have had a terrible time with them

rugbydude wrote: »
    We have had a terrible time with them
    In what way ? When they were ntl they were brutal

Advertisement