Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent broadband providers out there?

• 01-02-2012 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

UPC wont connect me even though i can scan 3 routers in range but they keep insisting only tv is available but not broadband

Eircom gone ****ed up my dsl line and refuse to repair it (line is totally dead)

Magnet is dependent on eircom so they are ruled out (believe me ive been on the phone every day for 6 weeks trying to get them to fix the line) cancelled my sub today cos magnet are powerless to fix it.

Vodafone DSL is dependant on eircom so that rules out them

I have a meteor prepay dongle which works fine but its so slow.

o2, three, are as slow as meteor.

so who else can install a high speed low latency broadband connection to 5 New Cabra Road, Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

UPC wont connect me even though i can scan 3 routers in range but they keep insisting only tv is available but not broadband

Eircom gone ****ed up my dsl line and refuse to repair it (line is totally dead)

Magnet is dependent on eircom so they are ruled out (believe me ive been on the phone every day for 6 weeks trying to get them to fix the line) cancelled my sub today cos magnet are powerless to fix it.

Vodafone DSL is dependant on eircom so that rules out them

I have a meteor prepay dongle which works fine but its so slow.

o2, three, are as slow as meteor.

so who else can install a high speed low latency broadband connection to 5 New Cabra Road, Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Digiweb Metro maybe.

But if your line is dead you'd be better off getting eircom to fix it.
    Raise a complaint with eircom then if you get no satisfaction lodge a formal complaint with Comreg and make sure you tell Comreg that your line is dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

bealtine wrote: »
    Digiweb Metro maybe.

But if your line is dead you'd be better off getting eircom to fix it.
    Raise a complaint with eircom then if you get no satisfaction lodge a formal complaint with Comreg and make sure you tell Comreg that your line is dead

holy crap digiweb are expensive for what ya get

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

Have had a terrible experience

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tommie Kelly

I agree stay away from Digiweb, had bad experiences with them.

Absolutely horrible and nasty support people on many occassions.

Mind you, it was a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 L0dgik

UPC 100mb is gr8 dont care what anyone says 4 me its $hit hot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Try utv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don't UTV just use the Eircom line, how would that be any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Nothingbetter2d ---> what was your final choice mate? i am still stuck with Magnet can you believe it?

Advertisement