Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4 repair issues

• 01-02-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

hey

i bought an iphone 4 off ebay last week that had a cracked screen broken dock connector and camera's were not working

i have successfully replaced the screen and fixed the dock and it is charging and working away now but im stuck on the camera issues , i ordered new camera's for both the front and back of the iphone and installed correctly but they are still not working.

when i go into the camera app on the iphone it takes a long time to open the james bond style shutter thing (sometimes it doesnt open at all) and when it does open i just get dotty lines and a black screen and absolutly no picture of my surroundings!

i have everything functioning correctly now except for the camera's but i really want to get them working properly

anyone have any ideas what could be up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Where the water sensors triggered on the phone?
    If so I would remove the metal shields like in the photo and soak in isopropanoyl for a night
    iphone4_logic_board_ifixit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

where are the water sensors in iphone 4? seller failed to mention it if it has been water damaged though he did mention the camera not working

iphone-4-water-damage-sensor.gif
    and internal one is here
    irepair.ie-water-damage-2.JPG

this is the cleanest shot i could get for you, its difficult to get it close up and clear with a old camera :mad:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/48/img4339q.jpg

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1449/img4338ni.jpg

as for the one in the dock part i have already replaced the dock with a new one

i cannot make out if there is any water damage tbh

please note i have obviously taken this pic without the cameras connected

where do i get that chemical stuff? and is it safe? no risk of messing up the logic board completely?

• Advertisement

Maplin, it's for cleaning circuit boards 100% safe

Advertisement