Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE's 071 Class.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

L1011 wrote: »
    Has 082 been wearing an orange door for a while now? Just passed me on a Tara run

Did it get stuck somewhere because it only passed Killester at 17:44. Didn't see an orange door from where I was anyway. It must be a recent enough edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

072 and 077 on Tara's at the min, 072 has a orange door

martin_g wrote: »
    072 has a orange door

072 has had at least one for a good few years. It also has one body panel section in orange and black. 086 has 2 orange doors for a few years also.

These last stubborn bits of orange will be gone when all the 071s are slated. It's been 2 years since the first has been completed. They are taking their time with them even though some are in bad need of some external work at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It may have been 072 I saw yesterday actually. Head's a bit wrecked with a flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

L1011 wrote: »
    Has 082 been wearing an orange door for a while now? Just passed me on a Tara run

I believe any of the orange/black doors seen on the 071s are ex 141/181 doors.

GM228

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

These last stubborn bits of orange will be gone when all the 071s are slated. It's been 2 years since the first has been completed.

:eek:
    hard to believe it's been that long already!

:eek:
    hard to believe it's been that long already!

I know, where did the time go. 077 was released back into traffic in slate grey around the 9th or 10th of April 2013 on a wagon transfer to Northwall and went on to do a couple of weeks on taras. I think the new livery has weathered well so far. The silver cabs of the freight livery are just too hard to keep clean.

There was a freight livery 071 on engineering works around 1:15am Sunday morning on the northern DART line. Watched the loco propel it's train of empty flat panel and spoil wagons, wrong road between Killester and Harmonstown on the up line. This was due to at least 3 rail mounted JCBs working on the down line that followed up beside the train about 15mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

Number 071 lifted the cravens from the marble city railtour today

Spotted 085 on the evening tara at Eastwall junction. It's the first time I've noted it on a tara since it's overhaul and the second time on a revenue freight service. It appeared to be a per way only loco for a good while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jhnn

Spotted 085 on the evening tara at Eastwall junction. It's the first time I've noted it on a tara since it's overhaul and the second time on a revenue freight service. It appeared to be a per way only loco for a good while now.

I took a photo of it near Gormanston Tue24th with the afternoon laden tara.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jhnn

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

Friday 27-Mar-15.

072 worked Portlaoise-Waterford empty steel train. Passed Kildangan at 1320.

News on the grape vine is that 080 has had it's cab and body overhaul and is due to enter the paint shop shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bob425
    Miss

Welcome back 087 - it has been six years since we last met !

bob425 wrote: »
    Welcome back 087 - it has been six years since we last met !

Yeah, almost 4 years out of service and almost scrapped at one point. Good to see her back. It looked like she was ready to come back a year ago, don't know what took so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kc56

071 stabled in the Kildare maintenance yard this morning.

074 and 075 are the tara locos this week. Good to see 075 on this side of the network for change.

082 & MK3s on a Claremorris-Waterford Knock special south of Portarlington on Sunday, 03-May-09.
    This was the last time an 071 worked a knock special & the penultimate time MK3s were used on a knock special!

Engineering works have begun on the northern commuter line. Just sighted an 071 pushing gantry crane 778 wrong road between Killester and Harmonstown. I think track sections are being relayed between Killbarack and Raheny as I saw single rails clamped together for the gentry cranes placed there during the week.

• Advertisement

087 just ran on today's laden timber, pics to follow when i hit 25 posts

088 was at the rear of a top and tailed ballast train though Killester around 15:30 heading to Northwall to reload. I didn't get to see the leading 071 or it's livery. New ballast was layed on the down line just before Harmonstown station.

Lots of vegetation and trees cut back and removed along the line side over the past 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

078 in Waterford with CPW's assuming running on Monday instead of yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭h.gricer

088 was at the rear of a top and tailed ballast train though Killester around 15:30 heading to Northwall to reload. I didn't get to see the leading 071 or it's livery. .

Regards
    hg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭tnegun

Fantastic shot thedarkdb

It a bit big to embed here's the url http://thedarkb.insomnia247.nl/087crop.jpg

087 is on the taras this week if you want to catch her.

tnegun wrote: »
    Fantastic shot thedarkdb

078 on a Waterford Ballina DFDS liner near Clara 01-May-15

• Advertisement

Passing Inchicore works & down the gullet to Heuston station behind 071 class No. 078 on Friday 07-Apr-06

Advertisement