Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE's 071 Class.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

corktina wrote: »
    088 is sat in Mallow watching the 201s go by dreaming of her glory days

http://i45.tinypic.com/106zkg2.jpg
    That's Cork, platform 4, with The Elysian Tower under construction in the background. :)http://www.theelysian.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Victor wrote: »
    That's Cork, platform 4, with The Elysian Tower under construction in the background. :)http://www.theelysian.ie/

i know....i didnt say it was Mallow, it was an illustration of her glory days...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

corktina wrote: »
    i know....i didnt say it was Mallow, it was an illustration of her glory days...:rolleyes:
    Ah, I took it that you mean the photo was of her sat in Mallow.

present tense "is sat"
    past tense would be "was sat"

would that she was sat in Mallow looking like that instead of the Ice-cream van livery she now wears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice clip. Interesting consist at the start, a GSV and Park Royal coupled up to a Mark 3 set! Wouldn't have worked in service though, different brakes. Also the "sound barrier" consisting of scrap C class locos.

Also, is it just me or is the triple track section shorter? Looks like it ends at the Sarsfield Road overbridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

086 was early with it's tara link today. Passed Clongriffin at 10:40 with the morning laden and returned with the empties at 13:40. It's running up to an hour earlier than usual.

081 is in Westport and will work the Westport-Waterford timber at 1620.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Karsini wrote: »
    Nice clip. Interesting consist at the start, a GSV and Park Royal coupled up to a Mark 3 set! Wouldn't have worked in service though, different brakes. Also the "sound barrier" consisting of scrap C class locos.

Also, is it just me or is the triple track section shorter? Looks like it ends at the Sarsfield Road overbridge.

Where they coupled up to the mk3s ? I assumed watching it that they had been pushed against them.

072 sitting in Westport yard tonight.It worked an empty timber train there this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

076 on Tara MT's through Howth Junction this afternoon around 14:30. Heard it at intervals for at least 5 minutes before it came into view !!! ;):D

P1160143-1.jpg

P1160138-1.jpg

About time for a tara loco change. I was getting bored of 082 and 086. Even though 082 does sound fantastic there is only so much of a good thing.

Which loco did 076 swap out?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Eiretrains

086 is still there, it was 076 that replaced 082, which was transferred to an IWT working.

082 worked the Westport-Waterford timber train earlier this evening departing Westport at 1620.

Locos 073 and 086 are in Ballina yard this evening on IWT and Timber duties.

Tomorrow morning 079 will work the Sperry train to Westport.It will be in Claremorris between 1250 and 1405. Today 071 failed with the IWT liner near Geasehill,088 was sent to rescue and hauled the whole train to Northwall.

Locos 073 and 086 are in Ballina yard this evening on IWT and Timber duties.

Just reading on another forum that 083 is on the taras now replacing 086. I was wondering why I could not spot those orange doors from a distance today.

Today 079 arrived in Claremorris at 1250 with the Sperry Train.(226 worked the first Northwall-Ballina liner.073 worked the second Northwall-Ballina liner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Today 079 arrived in Claremorris at 1250 with the Sperry Train.(229 worked the first Northwall-Ballina liner)
    What's the Sperry train??

• Advertisement

It detects both internal and rolling contact surface defects, using ultrasonic / eddy current equipment.It will run to Ballina Monday.

086 is sitting in a wet Westport yard tonight after working an empty timber train there this evening. 2 071s in Westport in one day,not bad these days!!

086 is sitting in a wet Westport yard tonight after working an empty timber train there this evening. 2 071s in Westport in one day,not bad these days!!
    Are they left running or shut down....

086 in Westport-shut down, 079 Claremorris-shutdown. 226 Ballina-shutdown. 073 Ballina-shutdown.

086 in Westport-shut down, 079 Claremorris-shutdown. 226 Ballina-shutdown. 073 Ballina-shutdown.
    Try and get a cold start video!!

Try and get a cold start video!!

There is one in this thread of 071 starting up but it wasn't from cold as it was too quick.

I love watching the British class 37s, 43s with the Valenta Paxman power units and 66s starting up. The 43s with the MTU engines just aren't the same.

• Advertisement

Just spotted an 071 LE heading north through Clongriffin at 14:05. Another Enterprise failure or a tara failure maybe?

Just spotted an 071 LE heading north through Clongriffin at 14:05. Another Enterprise failure or a tara failure maybe?

I also saw it passing Clontarf Road about 10 minutes before.

Loco 073 worked the Northwall Ballina-Liner today. 229 worked the Ballina-Northwall liner with 226 in Ballina on its own @7pm this evening.

081 was ticking over in Waterford yard this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

081 was ticking over in Waterford yard this afternoon.

073 with the Sperry? parked in Connolly yesterday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,229 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I love watching the British class 37s, 43s with the Valenta Paxman power units
    me to, specially the 43s taking off on full power, the Paxman Valenta should have been designed to give a higher rev though. theirs just something about that thumping from a class 37, love it. and not forgetting the deltics. lots of vidios of british rail locos and DMUS, not all classes though.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

084 is in Inchicore this evening near the engine shed

Rud wrote: »

Just read on another forum that is has recently been fitted with refurbished bogies. Good to see it back out again.

Rud wrote: »

Still in the old livery ???

074 got the new bogies,not 084.

Just spotted an 071 hauling a failed Enterprise set through Clongriffin at 18:58 with 207 on the rear.

207 has just hauled the train on the return leg itself. That was a quick fix at Connolly. Either that or they swapped with 233. I can't get a good angle on the locos, I can only tell it had full yellow ends, just about. Not a hope of getting the numbers. But it was as scruffy as 207 from the side, 233 is a shade or two cleaner.

Whatever 071 was used for the rescue the taras are still on time with the last laden train of the day just passing Clongriffin at 19:55.

207 has just hauled the train on the return leg itself. That was a quick fix at Connolly. Either that or they swapped with 233. I can't get a good angle on the locos, I can only tell it had full yellow ends, just about. Not a hope of getting the numbers. But it was as scruffy as 207 from the side, 233 is a shade or two cleaner.

Whatever 071 was used for the rescue the taras are still on time with the last laden train of the day just passing Clongriffin at 19:55.

233 was on the 11.00 dep from Connolly this morning, so I assume it was also on the 16.50. 207 more likely.

233 was on the 11.00 dep from Connolly this morning, so I assume it was also on the 16.50. 207 more likely.

That's right, it was 233 that failed, while working the 16:50 ex Connolly. 076 subsequently hauled the train back into Connolly, where 207 then stabled it with 233 in the shed.

074 was working the evening empty Tara to Navan also.

Today 082 hauled failed inspection car 729 from Castlerea.I came across the pair in Clara around 1345. 072 worked the 1200 Northwall-Ballina IWT liner(pocket wagons).086 will work this evenings Ballina-Waterford timber train. 075 was at Inchicore at 1230 today.

• Advertisement

To add further to the above on this sunny Sept day;:D
    072 12:00 North Wall to Ballina IWT with 12 CPWs.
    073 Sperry from Heuston to M3 Parkway and return.
    074 on Taras?
    083 LE Connolly to Inchicore.
    082 failed tamper from Castlerea to Inchicore.
    084 stabled in North Wall on spoil train.
    088 stabled in Mallow on HOBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

And to add to this 081 was in Athy at lunchtime with the empty timber train from Waterford and it was running late slightly.A lot of the panels on the side were opened aswell for some reason

A hot running 081 was sent to Inchicore on arrival in Kildare with the Waterford-Westport empty timber.083 worked the train onwards to Westport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

reading through this thread the amount of failures / problems across the entire fleet is astounding in it's regularity

083 worked this evenings Westport-Waterford timber passing through Castlebar at 1635.

Spotted an orange 071 in Northwall earlier today,084??

8111 and 8113 were at Derry station today with a Ballast train.

082 + 12 laden approaching the Lady's Stairs at 11.00 this morning, giving the usual audible warning ;) of its approach for about 10 minutes beforehand !!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxwdiUBh9oc

cant view it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

8111 and 8113 were at Derry station today with a Ballast train.
    They are currently trapped due to the line relay.

Advertisement