Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Trunking Cutters

Options
  • 01-02-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere that stocks these ratchet cutters? I asked in a few wholesalers but no luck, have seen a few online in the U.K but the postage prices are a bit steep! Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ShamFeen wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere that stocks these ratchet cutters? I asked in a few wholesalers but no luck, have seen a few online in the U.K but the postage prices are a bit steep! Thanks.

Hacksaw,Knipex Snips and a steady hand allways does it for me.

Are you on about a plastic pipe cutters???

4 euro up in Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

hacksaw and thick file
    pencil and try square if needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

And if you have more than one length used, put the full length lids on so they go over the joins, then cut the other less than full lids to fit.

Cut inside lips of lid to bend it for corners if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭antlyn

Thanks for the advice but looking for that specific snips. It's not for me and you can get cutters especially for the trunking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

got a pic of it?

• Advertisement

They are probably just the type of cutters used for qualpex piping etc. Hardly worth getting to cut minitrunking. Unless putting in an awful lot of it.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    They are probably just the type of cutters used for qualpex piping etc. Hardly worth getting to cut minitrunking. Unless putting in an awful lot of it.

Yep,ratchet plastic pipe cutters.Can also be used for cutting automotive/industrial silicone hose pipe.

Its usually used for cuting qualpex pipe (as you said yourself) or small diameter (40mm max) white outflow/waste water pipe .

4 euro up in Aldi.

For mini trunking.....Nothing a hacksaw and/or Knipex snips cant do just as well and fast,if not faster.

Well for the qualpex they are very useful, i used them a lot on that myself. Cutting qualpex with hacksaws inroduces particles into the pipes, not what is wanted in water piping, and makes compression rings harder to get on.

Well for the qualpex they are very useful, i used them a lot on that myself. Cutting qualpex with hacksaws inroduces particles into the pipes, not what is wanted in water piping, and makes compression rings harder to get on.

I have 1 myself,very handy ratchet cutter indeed.Clean,precise cut on the qualpex.

My comment with the hacksaw was and is in referal to cutting plastic mini trunking/trunking.:)

paddy147 wrote: »
    My comment with the hacksaw was and is in referal to cutting plastic mini trunking/trunking.:)

I realise that, my point was, they are worth getting for qualpex. But not for mini trunking in my opinion at least. I mentiond the saw because there are no problems using it on mini trunking, unlike qualpex.

• Advertisement

I realise that, my point was, they are worth getting for qualpex. But not for mini trunking in my opinion at least. I mentiond the saw because there are no problems using it on mini trunking, unlike qualpex.

Yes I know what you are saying,as Ive allready said it myself,like you have said it too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

red sean wrote: »

Overpriced and glorified hacksaw.:pac::D

I suppose if your using an awful lot of mini trunking, maybe it is worth it. I always avoided it as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

ShamFeen, here is the qualpex cutter http://www.adverts.ie/machinery-tools/qualpex-cutter/850184 at a realistic price but it does not have the flat removable jaw for mini trunking.
    I use one regularly for trunking purely for a lovely clean cut. Think I may have got mine in CEF a long time ago. However I only use the very small trunking for 1 or 2 cat5's at a time.

Advertisement