Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA Exams June 2012

• 01-02-2012 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Is it possible to pass 2 ACCA exams papers in June if I start now? Which 2 out of these would be easiest?

f4- corporate and bus law
    f6- taxation
    f7- financial reporting
    f8- audit and assurance

Is there any one of these that is seen and been tougher than the rest and are there 2 exams that are def possible to do in one exam sitting?

Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I passed F4, F6, F8 and P2 last June.

Of those you've posted F7 is normally considered the most difficult, and there's the greatest overlap between F4 and F8.

Two exams at a sitting is very achievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

keano2012 wrote: »
    Hi!

Is it possible to pass 2 ACCA exams papers in June if I start now? Which 2 out of these would be easiest?

f4- corporate and bus law
    f6- taxation
    f7- financial reporting
    f8- audit and assurance

Is there any one of these that is seen and been tougher than the rest and are there 2 exams that are def possible to do in one exam sitting?

Any help would be great :)

F4 would be the easiest followed by F8, F6 is difficult but F7 is probably one of the most difficult of all the ACCA exams (IMO) given the amount of new information in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

F4 and F8 it is then! thanks for the info...much appreciated! which college did you study? is the course material that the college give you enough or is there extra stuff worth investing in?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jjp123

do F6 as a June exam, so if you don't get it, it wont have changed to much if you need a repeat.

I would recommend F4 and F6 to do one theory and one numerical exam, just my preference :)

will think about that too! but is f6 tough? which college did u do it in? DBS have an offer of buy 2 and get the 2nd half price! but are they any good is the question?? anyone know? I really need good lecturers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

Tbh, I wouldn't really consider anyone else other than Julie Hawkins for tax. I think she's still affiliated with DBS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 blackfire

yeah Julie Hawkins is very good. Griffith have the lectures recorded which is very beneficial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭backtothebooks

blackfire wrote: »
    yeah Julie Hawkins is very good. Griffith have the lectures recorded which is very beneficial

How do you know Julie is very good? Based on your previous posts you're not even up to F6 level yet and you went to 'Griffith' for all your other subjects??!!?

To the OP; yes Julie Hawkins is the one to go to for F6!

is there any good websites to use for free notes etc outside of lectures? I saw opentuition.com but for f6 its just for uk notes? Looking for something irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

keano2012 wrote: »
    is there any good websites to use for free notes etc outside of lectures? I saw opentuition.com but for f6 its just for uk notes? Looking for something irish?

I doubt you'll get any tbh. It's the start of a new tax year too. Whatever about maybe getting some online later in the year, I'd doubt very much if you'll be able to find anything now. Actually, I'd be amazed.

What about maybe signing up for a revision class? You'd get good notes then and the classes are reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 katee1

I recommend Julie Hawkins for F6. I bought her manual and went to revisions classes (QBR highly recommended) and scored really high marks. If you want to be sure that you will pass, just go to her classes and do what she says:)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Hi

Passed F8 today - delighted.
    Now I need to start thinking about June session and I am thinking of doing both F5 & F7.

I will be doing these home-study, I already have BPP F5 text from last sitting from a friend so I will be using that however I'm not sure what texts I will use for F7.

If anyone would like a study partner to catch up 2/3 evenings a week online, let me know.
    I did this for F8 for Dec exams and I found it a big help, helped keep me disciplined as we had topics / questions set to have done & go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Elle2012

Hi

Anyone have any advice on preparation for P1 & F8?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carebear2011

doing P1 as well.

Advertisement