Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakery?

• 02-02-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭

Any nice bakeries in the city centre looking for a decent fruitcake.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Bean a Tí has nice cakes and pastries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

While its not the City Center and not fruitcakes,
    I only noticed recently near xtravision dooradoyle (across the road and where the old Kilroys garage used to be area there was a Polish Bakery. Might be worth a look if your looking for something unusual.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

City centre- Cake stalls at milk market
    Further afield
    Castletroy- Surerquinn do great cakes
    Caherdavin - Ivans do lovely fruit cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah got a cake from Bean na Tí a good few times. Fruitcake ain't great though :(

Are those cake stalls there all week or just weekends? Only in limerick mon to fri, I'm a student.

Thanks for the replys guys but I have to say its city centre or close by that I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Polish bakery on Parnell Street, up near the corner of Roches Street next to SkyTV place.

Pastries and Buns are top class and reasonable (pricewise), haven't tried the Cakes there, but looked fine.

btw, Market is open on Fridays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement