Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does what you watch give you an insight to who you are?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭greimorm

Attention seeking gobshite that he is. I'd love to see him being eaten alive by strange insects.

Bush Tucker Man and Ray Mears.. now they are the real deal.

LOL if you watch it might just happen.But if you dont,well you are going to miss it :D So now you must watch him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

You can get pleasure from watching something you know is bad.

Anyone who watches Onision/Shane Dawson/Brittany Louise Taylor crap and finds anything that person does humorous or insightful must be 12 and deranged. I know of adults who watch them and that says a lot about what kind of person they are its basically all..
    "I like cupcakes, do you like cupcakes, omgz lolz cupcakes <3"
    Are all 16 year olds like that now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Of course it does. Its the same as what reading a certain newspaper says about you.

The Sun - Overweight builder with a breakfast roll in one hand, likes the paper for the tits and the coverage of english soccer.

The Irish Times - Elitist, smug AH user who likes to read rambling, pseudo intellectuals columns while telling others about the rags he wouldnt wipe his 'orse' with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Agricola wrote: »
    Of course it does. Its the same as what reading a certain newspaper says about you.

The Sun - Overweight builder with a breakfast roll in one hand, likes the paper for the tits and the coverage of english soccer.

The Irish Times - Elitist, smug AH user who likes to read rambling, pseudo intellectuals columns while telling others about the rags he wouldnt wipe his 'orse' with.

I for one would not be seen dead without a copy of the Financial Times under my arm.... hmm rather.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Attention seeking gobshite that he is. I'd love to see him being eaten alive by strange insects.

Bush Tucker Man and Ray Mears.. now they are the real deal.

Mears is hardly the real deal compared to Survivorman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yeah
    I watch everything, I have no life:(

I watch a lot of informative TV, news, Big Bang Theory, boardwalk empire, critic show, very little drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm a bit of a TV snob so to speak. My favourite shows are the critically acclaimed dramas like The Sopranos, Mad Men and The Wire. I'm into comedy shows like The Thick Of It, Peep Show, Alan Partridge and not low brow stuff. Shows which you generally have to be pay attention to and analyse for yourself. I hate Reality TV full stop and I don't watch any soaps like Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Fair City etc. because I think they're all awful.

Never got Peep Show, loved the Office.

Not much gains my attention these days, BBC drama offers the odd gem as it always did, The House of Cards in the 90's, but Sherlock and Luther are brilliant, though a bit aping American dramas.

ITV gets an odd decent one but hard to beat the Cracker days.

As for TV these days, there is actually some good stuff, QI, some great wildlife stuff. Soaps always drew huge audiences, isn't a new thing and Eastenders at its best is great popcorn TV.

X Factor is the new Opportunity Knocks or whatever the ITV show was in the 90's, that cover song thing, when they made up a nobody look like Madonna or whatever! Stars in your Eyes?

The more things change, the more they remain the same!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

You think travis actually enjoyed Soul Train? I do not enjoy One Direction.

Hold up .. yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

greimorm wrote: »
    I watch news and politics and and documentaries(such as Bear" Grylls) ,the odd drama.The only reason i watch Bear" Grylls is because judging by the way Ireland is been run into the ground soon we could be all living off the land.:(
    You do know that Bear Grylls is more staged than the X-Factor? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement