Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Lines you've used?

• 02-02-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Alrite Boardsies...

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about hilarious conversation starters people have used to introduce themselves to people.
    So I wanna know whats the best chat-up line you've used on a Man or Woman that has either charmed the pants off of them or completly made you look like an idiot in front of everyone.

I'm sure this has been done before and yada yada yada, I'd love to hear peoples best moments :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Ive got a knife
    Now get in the ****in van

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Was asked at a wedding how old I was.

Replied with: "Why don't you come outside and count the rings on my trunk to find out"

It worked instantly. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Arresting someone one time, I got the standard "Don't forget I'm paying your wages" to which I retorted "...and now I'm earning it!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Does this chloroform smell funny to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Would you like to share a bottle of champagne and some coke?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

There's some good ones out there

Best one I ever saw/heard... we were in a nightclub inside in Cork City, and a friend goes how much would you give me if I went up to this absolute beaut and get off with her. Being a betting man, i was up for it and through a fiver on it that he couldnt...

So as he likes to tell the story, He danced up to her... giving it socks and shouts "FAT PENGUIN". Now you could see the anger in this girls eyes as she turns around and glares at him. So he shouts it again, and which she replys to him.. "F*** off you Kn0b!" ... My Friend says "Oh sorry love, I was just trying to think of something to break the ice". .... In fairness, the girl smiled, and by the end of the night, he had her number.

What a cheesy F***ing line

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Whats your number?
    works for me anyway:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You haven't even got the intelligence to be stupid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Chatting to two German girls in Munich years ago. One leaned over to say something to the other and I noticed a tramp stamp........

<me> Oh, you have a tattoo
    <cute German girl> yes, would you like to see it * and starts to lean over*
    <me> No, it's OK I'll check it out in the ceiling mirror in my hotel later....

Silence

Silence

Silence

Silence

Cute German girl pisses herself laughing and translates to her friend.

Alas, the imagined ceiling mirror never got a look in :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

asl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

kryogen wrote: »
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Ive got a knife
    Now get in the ****in van
    You so stole larrys line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

coffee's not red
    milk isn't blue
    do you take sugar..?
    one lump or two?

ok no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

George Clooney is only a light switch away

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I don't want to get you drunk, but that's a very fine Chardonay you're not drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EarlieBird

Whats your number?
    works for me anyway:cool:

absolute bant

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I was in the takeaway with a couple of lads after the nightclub.One of the lads wals up to a girl.

Mate: can i smell your feet
    Girl : no
    Mate : it must be your fanny so

She didn't think it was very funny but the rest of us nearly died laughing :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

"I'll COME UP YOUR HOLE!!!! I'LL CUM UP YOUR FUCKING HOLE LOVE!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

You haven't even got the intelligence to be stupid. :)

I don't get it :(

I do get it before someone tries explain it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I have a PhD.

A PRETTY HUGE DICK.

(I got it from Friends).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Do you cum here often?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

How do you feel about Robert Mugabe?

Haven't had much success with it yet, but when I do.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Get your guide dog, you've pulled.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm really drunk, can you help me home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Hello, I'm a billionaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Never a big one for chat up lines.

But was out one night and one of the lads approached a girl and used the magic watch line.

you know.....My magic watch says you're not wearing any uinderwear.........I am......must be running fast then!!!

Only he managed to pull her by walking up and just saying magic watch....it was bloody spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

EarlieBird wrote: »
    absolute bant

meh,if you say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

I once spotted a gorgeous man in a pub in Dublin. He was exactly my type , 6 foot 5, dark and yum. anyway Im fairly confident girl, so i wrote my number on a piece of paper and signed it princess. walked up tapped him on the back and handed it to him and just sauntered off looking behind me and locking eyes with him the whole time.
    I left the pub then to go onto a nightclub. An hour later he phoned asking for princess and asked could he join me. So he came to the club. We dated for a few months. He said he had never been approached like that by a girl and thought it was a huge turn on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I once spotted a gorgeous man in a pub in Dublin. He was exactly my type , 6 foot 5, dark and yum. anyway Im fairly confident girl, so i wrote my number on a piece of paper and signed it princess. walked up tapped him on the back and handed it to him and just sauntered off looking behind me and locking eyes with him the whole time.
    I left the pub then to go onto a nightclub. An hour later he phoned asking for princess and asked could he join me. So he came to the club. We dated for a few months. He said he had never been approached like that by a girl and thought it was a huge turn on.

tune in next week for more made up stories that sound like plot-lines from chick-lit novels!!

summerskin wrote: »
    tune in next week for more made up stories that sound like plot-lines from chick-lit novels!!
    Sorry you doubt me but thats 100% true.
    I also fell in love and got married to a man i was dating for 6 months, in Las vegas. Sounds like a crap movie plot too. But its my life.

Sorry you doubt me but thats 100% true.
    I also fell in love and got married to a man i was dating for 6 months, in Las vegas. Sounds like a crap movie plot too. But its my life.

...starring Kate Hudson as Julie London and Matthew McConaughey as Mr. Right... it's "How to relaunch a guy in 10 honeymoons from Vegas-wars"

give me 5 minutes with you, love, and you'll have a face like a painter's radio.

speaking of chat up lines, summerskin clearly you have the talent for it. Way more appealing than my approach. Do the girls fall all over themselves?:D

speaking of chat up lines, summerskin clearly you have the talent for it. Way more appealing than my approach. Do the girls fall all over themselves?:D

Until the rohypnol wears off, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rubber duk

A friend of mine who wasn't that tall went up to this girl one night who was a good bit taller than him and said, hey love I thought your mother told you not to be long. Worked a charm for him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I once spotted a gorgeous man in a pub in Dublin.

Lies.

Kept waiting for the self deprecation required to balance out the roaring egoism at the start of the post. It never came....sigh.

I was once approached with this line from a man at a bar (I was wearing a red hooded coat)
    Your little, and you red, but are you riding?
    Summerskin calm down! its the truth

Kept waiting for the self deprecation required to balance out the roaring egoism at the start of the post. It never came....sigh.
    I cant help it if i have an ego. I love me. nothing wrong with that

I cant help it if i have an ego. I love me. nothing wrong with that

.....sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

My aunt was being chatted up one night in Dublin by this ponce - anyway they ended up arguing about some political thing or other and when ur man couldnt get the better of my aunt he said 'do you know i have 12 letters after my name?' to which she replied 'yes the last 5 are P-R-I-C-K'
    I thought it was hilarious anyway:D

Oh also __________________________ - thats the best line i ever used! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Alright love, Hows your gee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭p to the e

"You smell like my grandma"

Also probably my favourite from Zap Brannigan - "If I said you had a beautiful body.... would you go to bed with me?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Did you suck him off in the toilets after you vomited from the booze and coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Get my coat, you've pulled a chauvinist.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

lets not turn this rape in to a murder

id crawl though a mile of broken glass just to W£$k in your shadow

you know how i know im getting sex later..... coz im stronger then you

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

mate: do you want to play pearl harbour?

girl: how do you play that?

mate: i lie down and you blow the shít out of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Was asked at a wedding how old I was.

Replied with: "Why don't you come outside and count the rings on my trunk to find out"

It worked instantly. :D

you tattoo'd rings on your "trunk"? didnt it hurt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I walked over and said to a girl "I remember you from playschool....you stole my crayons". Had sex with her a few hours later.

Another time I walked over to a girl and said "I love chocolate", we ended up kissing about 10 minutes later then I excused myself and left.

I've said hundreds of arbitrary openers over the years, whatever I feel amuses me in the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

ohh many many years ago, met a girl in a club, went up to her-

me: "hello"
    her: "i have a boyfriend"
    me: "ah that's cool, so have i..."

cue some strange looks before she copped, and the idea of being a fag-hag nearly sent her into convulsions of excitement!

her: ohhh!
    me: fancy a drink?

the next part went something like this-

next morning-

her: so?
    me: damn you're good! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement