Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being on electoral roll proof of address for Bank Account

• 02-02-2012 3:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

Just wanna know if anyone can clarify this for setting up a Account.Moved over from Ireland and all I have is private rental agreement which they dont accept. Nearly sure the bank manager in claimed this would pass as proof of address as the only other thing I can use is a council tax bill which ive only applied for so could take a while.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Soby wrote: »
    Just wanna know if anyone can clarify this for setting up a Account.Moved over from Ireland and all I have is private rental agreement which they dont accept. Nearly sure the bank manager in claimed this would pass as proof of address as the only other thing I can use is a council tax bill which ive only applied for so could take a while.

Don't know if that letter will work but when I moved over Barclay's opened an account for me with the letter that stated our national Insurance number(had my address), a letter from a UK resident(who posed as a counter signature and confirmed my address) and my passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I don't think the electoral roll would count as proof.

However, look at this thread where I linked to various banks and the accounts designed for new arrivals. ONe of your Irish bank statements can be used instead of utility bill etc..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056530745

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭londonbus

The electoral roll is very important for credit checking purposes. Get it on now. For Irish people, it should be very straightforward.

Its worth noting that the Irish have unique privileges in the UK. They:

* Can vote in all elections. The only other non-UK citizens this is open to are Commonwealth Citizens. Other EU citizens can vote in local and Euro elections only.

* Are in essence pretty much exempt from Immigration Rules (by right of the Common Travel area) and are therefore treated as being "settled" on arrival.

All of these rights derive from English law which pre-dates the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Soby wrote: »

You can open a Halifax Easycash account without all the hassle, simple account that you can get you money into.

I think all banks have a version of this account

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭londonbus

Yes. Google "basic bank account".

All UK banks do them. No overdraft and minimal checking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement