Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

57582 & 57675 Scam - If I've unsubscribed, does that mean the charges stop?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. In November last year, I signed up with two companies. I know, it was very stupid but basically, I was trying to download a special Matrix Windows 7 theme but in order to get the download link, I had to sign up to one of 5 different scam things. Anyway, I did, knowing that it was some sort of scam and that as soon as I got my download link, I would immediately stop the service. So after I got my download link (which in case you come across the same page, the theme isn't worth it) I did send the appropriate unsubscribe message (UNSUB or STOP or something like that) and that was it. After having saw a program on TV earlier this evening that was talking about scams, I remembered about the ones I signed up for so I decided to investigate a little bit of my phone credit usage on MyMeteor.ie.

It all seems to be in order, I have free meteor calls & texts so I haven't been charged with those, my data usage measures up to €14.02 (which is roughly deducted from €20 credit that I got last month) and looking through my data usage and stupid Gmail auto-sync on my phone consantly uses data and my remaining credit it €6.11 so by those calculations, is everything alright and the only way these scam messages get any money is through my credit or do they still get money off me even after I unsubscribe? Thanks.

Advertisement