Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icb credit report

• 02-02-2012 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I had a loan with AIB and missd many payments. I assume my credit is in the toilet. I paid off the loan recently. Will AIB make a note of this on my credit report?

After 5 years I assume this will no longer be available to financial institutions if I apply for a mortgage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Think its six years. Yeah it will show on the ICB that you have completed the loan and it wasn't written off as a bad debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

If you defaulted on the loan ie. if you missed more than 5 payments in total dosn't have to be consective payments this would report as a default. If you settled for less than the full outstanding balance this will also show.

If you missed some payments here and there and cleared the full outstanding balance this will report as a closed account.

Best way of knowing what your credit file looks like is ton get a copy of it. Only cost €6.00.

ICB holds details for 5 years after the loan is complete

see - www.icb.ie

Advertisement