Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travellers and the dole

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

I emailed the chairman of http://paveepoint.ie/ asking if he would like to comment in the thread as this is the best option for non travelers to air their views without fear of intimidation or travelers screaming discrimination.

Hopefully he will reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I have known a good amount of travellers in my time. (i'm 25.) Granted the travellers I know are my age but everyone of them are on the dole.

A high percentage of the males (over 70%) would have done prison time (one in particular had a particularly ludicrous fraud conviction).

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Eire.

The 2nd level qualification is when you get disability allowance. Then the partner gets a 3rd level qualification and gets Carer's Allowance because they are looking after the one on disability. Now it gets really good because the carer now qualifies for a respite grant of €1200 a year so that they can pay someone to look after the one on disability while they have a break. They are all at it. On I can feel it coming on, here come the DOO GOODERS!!!

yes here they come oh my God it makes me sick! I know a guy living in my area, a traveller, claiming 1500 euro every on the dole he has 2 kids and 3 foster all with ADHD don't you know! And his wife is "mentally unstable" so he gets an extra few bob for her. They are milking the system.

Advertisement