Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio blaaa blaahhh

Options
  • 02-02-2012 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Whats happened to breakfast radio ?
    Bernard & Keith on i105 was the funniest thing on radio in years .
    But there gone now ,, so what's worth listening to now ?

I 105,s Dave o Connor is utter crap ..
    Laughing at his own jokes and faked prank phone calls .

Hector on 2fm
    Trying to ram horse racing down your troath at every opportunity
    Does he owe them Money or something ?

LMFM .
    At first I thought this is very funny ,
    They are taking the piss out of radio from the 70,s in a father Ted kind of way !
    But alas no !

Today fm
    I don't mind Ian Dempsey
    But there's far far too much sport
    Golf & horse racing at 7 am ? No thanks .

Any alternatives about ??
    Or should I just stick with d iPod ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Maybe the lads on radio could help? There's no more than 5 mins sport on Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

MugMugs wrote: »
    Maybe the lads on radio could help? There's no more than 5 mins sport on Dempsey.

It feels like there's a lot more .
    But Dempsey seems to be the pick of them
    I met him once he's a nice bloke .
    Suppose I'm Just missing the craic that was on Bernard & Keith ,
    They would let anyone on air and pushed the boundaries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Used to listen to FM 104 (Colm & JimJim), but switched over to Newstalk many years ago. Brilliant radio.

positron wrote: »
    Used to listen to FM 104 (Colm & JimJim), but switched over to Newstalk many years ago. Brilliant radio.

They where very good too
    Got poached by rte and Colm became all RTE and it died on its arse .
    I think that Colm fella thought he'd get Gerry Ryan's show when he tuned out .
    Can u get 104 in the northeast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

If you don't want to listen to gibbering idiots then listen to Newstalk.

• Advertisement

That's two for newstalk allready
    Must cheak them Out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Pre-Breakfast - Newstalk do "Off the Ball" repeats from the night before. 6-6.30am
    Breakfast - Newstalk (Ivan & Chris) or Hector for around 5 minutes before he drives me nuts!
    9AM - Ray D'Arcy show. Best of a bad lot. Tom Dunne is poisen and don't mention the John Murray show... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Jesus christ I cant stand that dempsey show, With Mario Rosenstock. He is not funny whatsoever. Maybe its me but going on about the same things over and over. Jaap Stam? he retired years ago.

Ipod is your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Newstalk has some really good people working from them. Their Business Breakfast with Ivan Yates & Chris Donahue is really good - it was even better when they had Claire (Burns?) with Ivan. They would grill various ministers on air, but gives everyone a fair chance in the program (or so they make it sound anyway).

Tom Dunne is not bad either - at times he interviews really interesting authors, musicians etc and at odd times stories that are not frequently heard.

Moncrieff at lunch time is okay too - I think he has a science slot, which I really appreciate (anyone else thing anti-intellectualism is killing our young generation), however at times the show is let down by poor quality guests.

George Hook in the evenings can be a mixed bag. He's passionate about the show and has that sort of a style, ie a lot of ranting and raving from himself amongst some real comments, observations etc - and he can also be a right t*t sometimes, and some of his guests are appalling - like that Michael Graham for instance - insanely right-wing radio show host from Boston - ah, if Obama rips his heart out to save someone, he would say 'meh, cheap stunt', and say if Sarah Palin does and says most ignorant stuff and he's like 'oh but you have to admire her for blah.. ' and calls us all euro-weenies. He winds me up big time, and he alone can do more damage to the image of USA that what many thousands of scrawny terrorists on the other side of the planet. Hook also has a decent movie review slow, travel slot and a mediocre to poor technology sort.

Over all though - they are very good. No comparison to your usual gibberish - bad music - ads - more gibberish - more bad music - radio stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Whats happened to breakfast radio ?
    Bernard & Keith on i105 was the funniest thing on radio in years .
    But there gone now ,, so what's worth listening to now ?

I 105,s Dave o Connor is utter crap ..
    Laughing at his own jokes and faked prank phone calls .

Hector on 2fm
    Trying to ram horse racing down your troath at every opportunity
    Does he owe them Money or something ?

LMFM .
    At first I thought this is very funny ,
    They are taking the piss out of radio from the 70,s in a father Ted kind of way !
    But alas no !

Today fm
    I don't mind Ian Dempsey
    But there's far far too much sport
    Golf & horse racing at 7 am ? No thanks .

Any alternatives about ??
    Or should I just stick with d iPod ?

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I can just about stomach Dave in the mornings even though he's an arsehole. Simon is boring. Dull as dishwater. I hate - HATE - that dickhead in the afternoons.

LMFM is pretty terrible all day. Except late night romance of course :pac:

Hector annoys me with his cringeworthy indeptg geographical knowledge of every village and half populated backwater in Ireland.

Today FM is best of a bad bunch, certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Radio 1 Uk

I used to listen to 2FM's morning slot until Colm and Jim Jim came along. I was put off after a short while and ended up on Morning Ireland for a few years, until I realised that constant doom and gloom in the mornings isn't good for your health.

I don't like "wacky" morning shows on radio, I just like music and a bit of chat. Been listening to Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2 since the start of the year and liking it a lot more.

Karsini wrote: »
    I used to listen to 2FM's morning slot until Colm and Jim Jim came along. I was put off after a short while and ended up on Morning Ireland for a few years, until I realised that constant doom and gloom in the mornings isn't good for your health.

I don't like "wacky" morning shows on radio, I just like music and a bit of chat. Been listening to Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2 since the start of the year and liking it a lot more.

Evans is back ?
    The guy knows how to do good radio
    Can you get it in a car traveling around the northeast ??

event wrote: »
    Radio 1 Uk

That is an option
    Hasent ray foley stolen the Chris moyles radio show ??
    Even has the same gingels
    And still manages to make a b#lls of it

Evans is back ?
    The guy knows how to do good radio
    Can you get it in a car traveling around the northeast ??

He's in Terry Wogan's former slot. Should be possible to get 88.7 from Camlough in much of the north east. I got it as far as Balbriggan once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Radio 2 (UK). Best by a long way!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

That is an option
    Hasent ray foley stolen the Chris moyles radio show ??
    Even has the same gingels
    And still manages to make a b#lls of it

aye he's a poor imitation of Moyles 10 years ago.

moyles can get a bit irritating, its very scripted but i do like greg james in the early afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Radio Nova 100.3

Most of the DJ's are ok and the music policy is better (RRROCK!)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Christ, I listened to hector this morning ad I was too lazy to get up and change channel......what's going on? Utter bogman that speaks too fast and the contents of show are pure mule. His guests seem to be gibbering Meath men too and also speak like yahoos. David McSavage on the savage eye has him to a tee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Bearcat wrote: »
    Christ, I listened to hector this morning ad I was too lazy to get up and change channel......what's going on? Utter bogman that speaks too fast and the contents of show are pure mule. His guests seem to be gibbering Meath men too and also speak like yahoos. David McSavage on the savage eye has him to a tee.

:pac: RAHOO! RAHOO! RAHOOOOOO! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Bearcat wrote: »

I listened to a song on Hectors show one morning without thinking I was tuned to 2FM. I felt dirty when he started mueling out on the wireless when the song ended.

He really is terrible :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

It's boggers on air .......on the national airways. Nothing against Meath, most of my best pals are die hard Meath men and they cringe when they hear this idiot.

Rahhooo, rahooooo, :eek:

The guy is a sellout
    He can hardly string a sentence together without mentioning horse racing l
    I wonder how much of a backhander he is on ?

Advertisement