Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hate my iPhone

• 02-02-2012 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Got an iPhone 3gs about two months ago, got it for free with O2 so thats why its the 3gs and not the 4, anyway within two weeks it started turning itself off and on constantly every two minutes or so very frustrating, I spoke to apple who said I needed to restore it fully which I did, basically resetting the phone completely which meant everything I had on it was wiped and I had to put it all back on.

Phone worked fine for a while after that until this morning, when the same issue has started again.

Tried to find an email address for Apple support as I dont want them to ring me as my phone is broken, cant find any way to contact them other than by phone!!!! Hate my iPhone, hate Apple, what a completely useless phone.

Anyone know of a way to contact them by email?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Would you not just bring it to O2?

They would be obliged to fix or replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Would you not just bring it to O2?

They would be obliged to fix or replace.

I had to order it online when i got it a couple of months after being into the O2 shop to try get it there, they told me they didnt think there was such an offer as I was getting online despite me saying of course there was and if they look at the site they will also see this, but they then told me that they didnt have access to the website from the O2 shop!!! Gave up after that and swore I would never set foot in that shop again, even if I did call in there I wouldnt imagine they would be much help anyway.

Spoke to Apple got them to ring the landline and they told me to restore it on iTunes, which I did the last time and it lasted a whole month, think I will be heading back to HTC at the first chance I get.

Will advise anyone and everyone to stay well away from iPhones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

donalg1 wrote: »
    I had to order it online when i got it a couple of months after being into the O2 shop to try get it there, they told me they didnt think there was such an offer as I was getting online despite me saying of course there was and if they look at the site they will also see this, but they then told me that they didnt have access to the website from the O2 shop!!! Gave up after that and swore I would never set foot in that shop again, even if I did call in there I wouldnt imagine they would be much help anyway.

Spoke to Apple got them to ring the landline and they told me to restore it on iTunes, which I did the last time and it lasted a whole month, think I will be heading back to HTC at the first chance I get.

Will advise anyone and everyone to stay well away from iPhones

Whilst I understand that you've been unlucky, do you really think that this means the iPhone is a bad phone.

I've had the 3GS & now the 4S and think they are both great and have had no trouble with them.

I think you should get your phone replaced, and when working properly you'll realise how much better it is than any HTC phone.
    You should try and get 4s though as the upgrade for me in terms of speed, camera, performance and battery life have been huge.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Whilst I understand that you've been unlucky, do you really think that this means the iPhone is a bad phone.

I've had the 3GS & now the 4S and think they are both great and have had no trouble with them.

I think you should get your phone replaced, and when working properly you'll realise how much better it is than any HTC phone.
    You should try and get 4s though as the upgrade for me in terms of speed, camera, performance and battery life have been huge.

Did originally try for the 4s but this was way too expensive so went with the 3gs instead as it was free for me, Apple seem very reluctant to replace it and all they seem to say is try restore it again and see does this work!!! Not very helpful at all.

Had the HTC Desire for about two and a half years and had one problem which led me to get this phone, however HTC sent a courier to pick up my phone and it was back in 3 days and has worked perfect since, my GF is using it now so cant really take it back off her as she loves it. Hopefully apple will eventually collect this phone and replace it but they seem to be putting it off until the warranty is up, when I am sure they will be more than happy to collect it and repair it and charge for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Did originally try for the 4s but this was way too expensive so went with the 3gs instead as it was free for me, Apple seem very reluctant to replace it and all they seem to say is try restore it again and see does this work!!! Not very helpful at all.

Had the HTC Desire for about two and a half years and had one problem which led me to get this phone, however HTC sent a courier to pick up my phone and it was back in 3 days and has worked perfect since, my GF is using it now so cant really take it back off her as she loves it. Hopefully apple will eventually collect this phone and replace it but they seem to be putting it off until the warranty is up, when I am sure they will be more than happy to collect it and repair it and charge for it.

If you still having problems contact Apple again to get it collected for repair, in most/some cases they send you a replacement. The whole process should be quite quick and painless as they send a courier to pick it up and return.

nava wrote: »
    If you still having problems contact Apple again to get it collected for repair, in most/some cases they send you a replacement. The whole process should be quite quick and painless as they send a courier to pick it up and return.

Just reset and restored it again so seems to be ok for now, but will wait and see what happens with it now if anything. If not I will definitely get them to collect and repair it!! Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apple seem to have one of the best respected Customer Service records aropund, according to most instances here. Their problem in this cvase is, the problem is intermittent. If they collected it, and brought it back to the repair shop, they would restore it completely, and like in your case, the problem will have gone. They can't fix it if they can't see the problem. Do you have it jailbroken by any chance?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Apple seem to have one of the best respected Customer Service records aropund, according to most instances here. Their problem in this cvase is, the problem is intermittent. If they collected it, and brought it back to the repair shop, they would restore it completely, and like in your case, the problem will have gone. They can't fix it if they can't see the problem. Do you have it jailbroken by any chance?

No never jailbroke it, probably would've done if it hadnt broke after a couple of weeks but now I am afraid to do it in case I need to send it back.

Advertisement