Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

party hard age fast?

• 02-02-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So I should know the answer to the question, right?? Thing is, truth be told I've gone out on average once a week since I was about 16...I'm now 31:eek:. By going out I mean pubs, clubs and sometimes parties. I'd be a "binge" drinker in that I drink only when I go out but usually at least 10 units. I'd also often not get home until 4 or 5 am. I love my social life, I'm a single woman and I have loads of friends and have a ball every night I go out.
    I go out a lot more than my settled friends, and drink far more in one go (while they would drink wine every night lets say).
    I keep getting told that I will rapidly decline in terms of looks if I carry on going out most weeks. Comments like, "oh yea but it will catch up with you. Can't act like a young one forever"
    Right now I'm told I look (and act!!) fairly young for my age. I get mistaken for 26/27., But will I really look like a leather handbag by the time I'm 35? I don't smoke, exercise regularly and take reasonably good care of my skin (bar the odd night with the make up un-removed)
    Girls, what do ye think?
    Am I really meant to sit in and watch TV on a saturday night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 swansong11

one night a week is fine, and maybe even two at times id imagine, but those people going out 3 or 4 times a week then its bound to take its toll, do you eat well? or smoke? these things also have to be taken inti consideration,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I personally think half its lifestyle half genes/luck.
    how did your mum age? how was her lifestyle at your age? I think that will give you a much better idea

• Registered Users Posts: 33 starrynightsky

my mum aged well but she's never drank! I've never smoked and I eat really healthily, and yea its only once a week but I could easily get through at least a bottle of wine or 7/8 shots on a night out. I can see it in my skin the next morning obviously but I'm grand again by Monday:rolleyes:.
    I do yoga and tonnes of exercise during the week, and I do have healthy pursuits but I need to let my hair down most Saturday nights or I'd go mad.
    You just start worrying at this age...but it's ok for my settled friends to stay in but its so boring on your own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Perhaps just try and take it easy with the alcohol! I know it's only once a week and we all go a bit overboard sometimes but it's not a great thing to be in the habit of weekly. I'm not staying stop altogether but maybe try going out and only having half a bottle of wine or a few less shots. Not trying to wreck your buzz but these things do unfortunately have effects long-term (and not just on your skin!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

The conundrum here is the benefits to your looks from being happy with your nights out, against the ageing effects of binge drinking. I wouldn't worry about the late night once a week......sure women with small babies have late nights/early mornings all week! It is a scientific fact that alcohol restricts the absorbtion of calcium so in the long term it can lead to early onset osteoporosis. Alcohol also dehydrates the skin, and parched skin will line and age quicker. One of the worst effects is that alcohol restricts the uptake of vitamins and nutrients which are vital for bloom and luminosity in skin. The real answer is to drink wisely.....binge drinking is just not good for you. Moderate drinking is the key, because this allows you to have a good time but also keep and eye on the future health of your body. No, you are not meant to sit in and look at TV every Saturday night, go out and enjoy yourself. But do you really need in excess of 10 units per night to enjoy yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think a lot depends on genes and how much you go out in the sun. Enjoy partying - it won't go on forever, especially if you have children, and during the week eat lots of fruit and veg, drink lots of water, exercise and use a moisturiser with a SPF.

I'm older than you OP and the above serve me fantastically.

Advertisement