Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to cancel phone and broadband

Options
  • 02-02-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been trying to cancel my account since December.
    I have been a customer for over 10 years, have no contract left and have paid every bill on time and by direct debit.
    I have just read the current thread on cancelation on the boards, and tried PM'ing one of the Eircom guys - Tony, 2 days later I haven't had a response.
    I requested a cancelation by phone (after a long time on hold) on the 22nd of December. I was told contrary to some information on here that I had to write a letter and that there was no option to cancel via email / phone. I was also told that the date of cancelation was from the date the letter was received not when I rang, I was extremely unhappy with this and was hung up on by the agent who was rude and aggressive (you get the sense they have a lot of customers leaving them, not ideal, but it doesn't help if you take it out on the customers) I sent on the letter the same day. However earlier this week I received another monthly bill for the usual amount, with no note on cancelation. Tried calling again but can't spend my life on hold.
    I hope somebody from eircom can help, as I will cancel my direct debit and not pay any further amounts as I'm no longer using the service and have given the required 30 days notice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ssmaul wrote: »
    I have been trying to cancel my account since December.
    I have been a customer for over 10 years, have no contract left and have paid every bill on time and by direct debit.
    I have just read the current thread on cancelation on the boards, and tried PM'ing one of the Eircom guys - Tony, 2 days later I haven't had a response.
    I requested a cancelation by phone (after a long time on hold) on the 22nd of December. I was told contrary to some information on here that I had to write a letter and that there was no option to cancel via email / phone. I was also told that the date of cancelation was from the date the letter was received not when I rang, I was extremely unhappy with this and was hung up on by the agent who was rude and aggressive (you get the sense they have a lot of customers leaving them, not ideal, but it doesn't help if you take it out on the customers) I sent on the letter the same day. However earlier this week I received another monthly bill for the usual amount, with no note on cancelation. Tried calling again but can't spend my life on hold.
    I hope somebody from eircom can help, as I will cancel my direct debit and not pay any further amounts as I'm no longer using the service and have given the required 30 days notice.

Hi ssmaul,

Can you PM me with your telephone number and eircom account number and I will look into the issues you had arranging to cancel your account.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

We have run into a similar type problem (termination of an account):mad: and just be careful not to get tied up in their customer complaint loop. I started this 4 or 5 months ago and keep getting replies that they will deal with my complaint in ten days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

rugbydude wrote: »
    We have run into a similar type problem (termination of an account):mad: and just be careful not to get tied up in their customer complaint loop. I started this 4 or 5 months ago and keep getting replies that they will deal with my complaint in ten days.

Hi rugbydude
    have seen both your posts on this issue. This certainly is a long wait. Can you PM me your tel no and brief outline of issues & any action taken so far? I will investigate this for you.
    Tony

Advertisement