Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny over 35s soccer league??

Options
  • 02-02-2012 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all I've posted this in the Kilkenny County forum aswell so forgive me for doubling up but I was wondering does anyone know if there is an over 35s league in the Kilkenny area or if there are any plans for a league to start next season? If not, do people think there would be enough interested clubs to ask the local leagues to start one? I'm asking about full 11-a-side club competition, not floodlit leagues or indoor 5-a-sides. Thanks..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

gerw7 wrote: »
    Hi all I've posted this in the Kilkenny County forum aswell so forgive me for doubling up but I was wondering does anyone know if there is an over 35s league in the Kilkenny area or if there are any plans for a league to start next season? If not, do people think there would be enough interested clubs to ask the local leagues to start one? I'm asking about full 11-a-side club competition, not floodlit leagues or indoor 5-a-sides. Thanks..

I play in the astro league and our team is playing against Paulstown over 35's this Sunday in a friendly on grass so I'll ask our manager to find about them, assuming they play in a league. I don't know if they'd be much call for it as the astroturf league seems to take the older players, I'm fairly young at 31 in our team.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gerw7

Cheers Captain, I think you are right about the astroturf league taking care of the older players. But would like to get out on a park again if there was a local league. Might have to look into joining a team from the astroturf league instead. Thanks again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

gerw7 wrote: »
    Cheers Captain, I think you are right about the astroturf league taking care of the older players. But would like to get out on a park again if there was a local league. Might have to look into joining a team from the astroturf league instead. Thanks again

After a quick bit of digging, there doesn't appear to be a local league, not associated with the KDL any way (which I thought was the case). Thomastown United have an over 35s playing in the Carlow league.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement